Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a 2005 54 plate 2.0l JTS saloon today with the intention of purchasing it and not being familiar with the facelift models unsure whether this car has a problem or not or how serious it might be.

When I opened the drivers door, the trip meter / odometer light came on for a few seconds and then went out again. Is this normal?

My 2001 1.6 sportswagon odometer only illuminates when you turn on the ignition.

I tried the other doors and the light also comes on with the near side rear passenger door but not the front passenger one and this doesn't happen with the offside passenger door. It also happens when the drivers door closes.

Should I be worried about this? The rest of the car seems fine apart from this odd light coming on.

Please help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it might mean they changed something when they facelifted the 156, as it uses same wiring system as the 147.

No facelift 156 owners on line?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yeah mine does the same.

·
Registered
354 Posts
On my 02 built 04 registered, interior facelift, pre exterior facelift (complicated isn't?)selespeed, the odometer light comes on when the drivers door only is opened. I assumed this was linked to the selespeed coming on to prime the system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see the point of it only coming on when opening the drivers door but why the nearside rear passenger one too and only that one?!

It could be an earthing / door switch issue perhaps, linked to the interior couresy lamps?

Doesn't sound particularly serious thankfully.

Thanks guys.

A

·
0 Posts
I've got a '03 (interior and exterior facelift) and my odometer does the same - turns on when you open the door (in fact, as soon as you unlock it with the fob) and goes off a few seconds later.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
03 interior face lift, and mine lights up too, any door:thumbs: sounds normal too me:thumbs:

147 is the same, as is the Stilo and GT, all the same wiring.

pre interior facelift 156 does not:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts