Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a thought:

can anyone think of promises that ALFA have made about products that HAVE been kept ?

I mean, "promises made more than one month in advance of the promised date about vehicles, specifications, offers, dealerships, support, or delivery"

List them here!

·
Registered
32,062 Posts
less than a month after buying my new Giulietta,the free servicing offer was extended to PCP and the 0% interest was introduced.But I'm not bitter...

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Aren't other manufacturers just as guilty?

Plus, how much 'promise' do we know of compared to speculation / rumour?

N

·
0 Posts
Plus, how much 'promise' do we know of compared to speculation / rumour?
Exactly.

Most of the guff about new models comprises of bad photo shopping done
by teenagers at home followed by OTT gushing from car "news" blogs.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good point, well made.

so "promises made at trade shows by an official Alfa representative and/or in a press release" would cover it?

I don't doubt that others are as bad or worse, so quite happy to see a list of #FAIL postings for them too :)

G

·
0 Posts
There is no such thing as a "promise". Every presentation any exec makes will have the following statement in it:

"....may include projections or other forward-looking statements which are based upon current expectations, involve risks and uncertainties and are subject to change." (taken from the FGA website)

That means you can't believe anything they (or any other exec from any other company) say.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
856 Posts
What'a up, DJWB? Worried about your 4C deposit?

The trouble with Alfa is that people get so emotional about it, so they jump on every little rumour that appears, and things quickly get out of proportion.

But I have to say, if there's one thing Fiat have been consistent about with regards to Alfa, it's the tendency to over-promise and under-deliver.
That doesn't mean you won't get your 4C, but that it will probably weigh 1000kg and cost £50k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts