Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
37,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..or the Red Shed goes to Shropshire.

Saturday 08:15 and Shrewsbury is as busy as ever..

1 hour of rail travel later we get the bus to "Coleshill Parkway" (nope, me either)

Bus in the background.

At 10:35 our chances of seeing the 10:30 are slim, especially as there is another train parked in the station. After a futher few minutes a lone figure trudges up the railway line, clambers on to the platform and gets in to the back of the train parked in the station.

The crowd surges eagerly forward only to be told it is going to "Dottingham" and nobidy wants to go there.

As it pulls out a similar train, of half the size, arrives which everyone wants to get on. The station announcer - mute until now - tells us the Nottingham train is delayed (actually it's just left!) due to "operating difficulties". Actually the bloke who came walking down the track was the guard and had forgotten to get off at coles-hell parkway.

We all jovially elbow our way on to the train and off we go.

I text Furby156 and say "On the train, with you at 1pm"

After blasting past the varied lanscapes of the fens with my smiling happy fellow passengers

We arrive at Ely where I have yet to hear anything from Furby :(

Departing the station I find the joyous site of a faded Red Shed and a fairly hung-over youth hanging on to his sunglasses as if his life depended on it. Furbs has changed jobs and 'celebrated' last night :lol:

30 minutes and a couple of signatures later and the Red Shed has a new benefactor owner.

I do my usual suave, confident moves, like leaving the history file on the roof of the car so it blows all over the county, and eventually leave Furbs, his lovely young lady and his impressive fleet of Alfas and head for the safety of Shropshire, pausing only to marvel at the, already mentioned, engine lights

Before returning the boxer to it's natural habitat

Railway tickets;
Shrewsbury - Nuneaton £18.90
Nuneaton - Peterborough £9.30
Peterborough - Ely £4.10

It's £6 cheaper than buying a ticker from Nuneaton to Peterborough :rolleyes:

Petrol for return trip £48 (just over 1/4 tank used and it was 1/4 full thanks to Furbs :thumbs:)

...oh yeah, cost of car

One hundred English pounds.

Snagging list to follow.

It's a big one.

Nice to meet you Furbs, hope the head is now OK.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
If I'd known I'd have got it for a oner I'd have gazumped you.

Looking furward to the snagging list.

Aren't train journeys to buy cars brilliant?

·
Registered
37,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'd known I'd have got it for a oner I'd have gazumped you.
I've been awol so I wouldn't blab :eek:
Aren't train journeys to buy cars brilliant?
Yus!

Coleshill Parkway is a new bit in the old Hams Hall powerstation .

I grew up round that way , went to school in Coleshill . It ay that bad Keefy .:D
S'okay, just never heard of it. I've travelled most of Brum on the train and it was a new one on me

·
Registered
44,847 Posts
Is that what it is?

What does it mean?

Nothing on the m-way under light load.

My old Fiat had the injector light come on at various points of my ownership, never noticed any difference in performance or reliability. Just one of the joys of owning a Fiat :lol:

·
Registered
12,995 Posts
I applaud your mingebaggery. Thats some deal even for a pink 145 :thumbs:
It must be enshrined in the law of Keith that at some point in life, it is mandatory to own a pink vehicle.....

Are you going to T-Cut it to within a micron of its life Keith?

C

·
0 Posts
I notice from picture 3, that your fellow traveller in the seat opposite, was enthralled by your company.

·
Registered
37,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It must be enshrined in the law of Keith that at some point in life, it is mandatory to own a pink vehicle.....

Are you going to T-Cut it to within a micron of its life Keith?
Yus!

I notice from picture 3, that your fellow traveller in the seat opposite, was enthralled by your company.
:thumbs:

:lol:

·
Registered
33,769 Posts
Originally Posted by crazycarb
"I notice from picture 3, that your fellow traveller in the seat opposite, was enthralled by your company."

I assumed it was an ethereal self portrait.

There is something exciting about collecting a car by train

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
I await kb style project updates with anticipation!

Gaz no doubt wounded that he's lost a suitor for his 145?

1 - 20 of 332 Posts