Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1561 - 1563 of 1563 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Right - the guys at Project Halo have just started another batch with an upgraded controller

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=project halo uk&epa=SEARCH_BOX

and I've put an order in for a DIY kit. I've finally got a set of spare BiXenons and a pair of H7 lamps and disassembly has started. I've found out that the front lamp parts have identical numbers so they're interchangeable. The differences are the black body which has a mounting for the ballast on the bottom (with a socket through the body) and the chrome part under the clear lense is also different but swaps over.
The glue on these old lamps is well and truly cured so there's no way heating it will allow it to be parted and the only way is to cut the body away carefully to expose the clear plastic lense from the H7 donor and then cut the plastic lense up on the BiXenon to expose the groove it sits in so the cured glue can be removed with a sharp knife.
After that reassembly will follow the usual method once the kit arrives and the lenses have been repolished.
Cheers
Guy

(PS - get your orders in!):rotate::rotate::rotate:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Right - the guys at Project Halo have just started another batch with an upgraded controller

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=project halo uk&epa=SEARCH_BOX

and I've put an order in for a DIY kit. I've finally got a set of spare BiXenons and a pair of H7 lamps and disassembly has started. I've found out that the front lamp parts have identical numbers so they're interchangeable. The differences are the black body which has a mounting for the ballast on the bottom (with a socket through the body) and the chrome part under the clear lense is also different but swaps over.
The glue on these old lamps is well and truly cured so there's no way heating it will allow it to be parted and the only way is to cut the body away carefully to expose the clear plastic lense from the H7 donor and then cut the plastic lense up on the BiXenon to expose the groove it sits in so the cured glue can be removed with a sharp knife.
After that reassembly will follow the usual method once the kit arrives and the lenses have been repolished.
Cheers
Guy

(PS - get your orders in!):rotate::rotate::rotate:
Pricing has caused some confusion on Facebook so here it is:
A Full DIY Kit is £250 plus postage.
A built up kit is £350 plus postage plus a further refundable deposit of £100 that you get back when you send them back a pair of usable lights that they can convert for the next customer.
Cheers
Guy

1561 - 1563 of 1563 Posts