Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1563 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If they were priced reasonably if buy them as they look great, people have done it themselves, but as I'm not good with electronic stuff, I'll leave it . Market is there for it
In parts with new headlights I think its something like £500odd....add in few hours labour and you'll not be far off £800 with the VAT etc etc I would think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If anyone is interested in a pair of new headlights and the Halo box plus some other bits of kits to take on as a project please get in touch with me.

I bought most of the parts needed to do this a couple of years ago but got sidetracked. I now no longer even own a Brera (sad times...).

The headlights are OEM Magnetti Marelli, one has been baked and opened, the other is BNIB. I've also got the Halo box, some of the wiring, a capacitor delay switch thing. A heat gun if you want.

I live in Nottingham and can deliver locally. Any reasonable offer is welcome 🙂

·
Registered
236 Posts
If anyone is interested in a pair of new headlights and the Halo box plus some other bits of kits to take on as a project please get in touch with me.

I bought most of the parts needed to do this a couple of years ago but got sidetracked. I now no longer even own a Brera (sad times...).

The headlights are OEM Magnetti Marelli, one has been baked and opened, the other is BNIB. I've also got the Halo box, some of the wiring, a capacitor delay switch thing. A heat gun if you want.

I live in Nottingham and can deliver locally. Any reasonable offer is welcome 🙂
Is this still available?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I'd also like to see the link, I'd love a set on my car but until I can find out if I can transfer the guts from my bi-Xenon units into a standard set of headlights I don't think I can justify going for it!
Guy

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Right, the kind Ned at Autolusso has put a knacked headlight in the post today so I can compare the standard lamp to a BiXenon one. If I find out that the base unit is the same and I can transfer the BiXenon guts over I'll be going for a set of prebuilt ones. Thanks for the link to the facebook site!
Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am interested but I don't want to purchase before I have a Brera, which I'm in the process of trying to purchase. :-/

Sent from my washing machine using Tapatalk..
Good luck, hope you get your hands on one soon. Honestly, it was the best car I’ve ever had.
Get in touch if you do want them, I’m keen to offload them to a better home!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just an fyi. Jay has decided to leave the project (Big thanks for making it what it is mate!) so me and Chris are running from the FB Page now. You probably wont see us on this thread very often

Thanks
Samir

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am interested but I don't want to purchase before I have a Brera, which I'm in the process of trying to purchase. :-/

Sent from my washing machine using Tapatalk..
not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but can't send an instant message; if you're after a cheap 3.2 v6 brera in red, I'll post my mobile (I haven't advertised my car, I just have to many, and the wife wants me to sell some.. I'm just more realistic on price than most advertisers. car has 100K on it, but I'm the 2nd owner)

·
Registered
236 Posts
not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but can't send an instant message; if you're after a cheap 3.2 v6 brera in red, I'll post my mobile (I haven't advertised my car, I just have to many, and the wife wants me to sell some.. I'm just more realistic on price than most advertisers. car has 100K on it, but I'm the 2nd owner)
Hi, I don't get notifications on this app,so the pm may have been missed, anyway.

I was looking for a 2.2 and really keen on a Prodrive version,actually.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rear would be 4 total, and 6 up front, so 10 for the set. Yonash has a supplier in Poland that he has negotiated a very cheap cost with so will be trying to leverage that arrangement for the LED ones. In terms of sequencing, I will use an ATMega 16bit programmable micro controller to handle a few basic tripped functions, such as:

Dimmed when headlights on
Dimm centre halo in sequence with indicator
Something nice when I flash the mains - yet to be determined. maybe a pulse or long fade?

Either way, the ATMega gives me the ability to really fine tune the logic on the dims, transitions etc and run each halo individually if needed.

Meanwhile, I have sourced a headlight from an alfa breaker that has broken mounts so ideal for R&D and cheap as chips :) hopefully be in the post later today!

What did you finally set for the flash function? A pulse or a long fade? :)

1541 - 1560 of 1563 Posts