Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The waiting is over and I finally have her back! After less than 1 month I realised I had bought a car with a knackered engine, 4 months later I have a completely different animal.

Seriously low compression on front bank with a 90% leak between cylinders 2+3 brought my world crashing down. How could I go on? I found it hard to face the world. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. Bright colours faded to black. Black!

Luckily I sent her to Autolusso Bournemouth where she had a top end engine rebuild. But not just that, we went the whole hog. Dan sent me some Wizard cat less manifolds. Quaife was fitted. Clutch changed. Cam belt, water pump. Oil seal. Radiator. Air hose. ARB was Powerflexed. New TRW lower arms were fitted. Oh and they Powerflexed the uppers. TIGHT! And why not powder coat the rocker cover, plenum and make the engine bay sexy?!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can only seem to attach one at a time!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Amazing work. In the best colour. Pink.. I mean red...

I shudder to think how much that would have cost. But you should be good for years with all the nice bits ticked and done.

Now you can enjoy the v6 growl.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazing work. In the best colour. Pink.. I mean red...

I shudder to think how much that would have cost. But you should be good for years with all the nice bits ticked and done.

Now you can enjoy the v6 growl.
Cheers. I try not to think about the money, just enjoy it. She seriously growls and shouts.

Attachments

Reactions: badgerdom

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sounds like we bought the same knackered engine, except yours looks a lot nicer now. Superb in fact!!! Glad you can finally enjoy it. I had a similar wait of my car in and out of the garage for weeks on end. I may be in touch for a list of the suspension mods as it is a minefield if I am able to find a way to keep mine.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Another Busso saved from the savages of time.

Now it's time to spray the wiper cowling in satin black and dress all of the black plastics etc in the engine bay to really make the red stand out :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like we bought the same knackered engine, except yours looks a lot nicer now. Superb in fact!!! Glad you can finally enjoy it. I had a similar wait of my car in and out of the garage for weeks on end. I may be in touch for a list of the suspension mods as it is a minefield if I am able to find a way to keep mine.
Powder coating was £300, a bit of a luxury but with the amount I was spending I wanted to have something to visually show for it.

Who did your rebuild? Was it top end or full engine?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW! Perfect, well done. She must be sooo loud with catless manifolds?!
Got there in the end, been a long wait though! She is really really loud on the throttle (and cold start). When driving at low revs you can just about pass as a normal car but when you floor it she sounds like a race car! Hard to describe. Biggest and most pleasing change is how responsive and eager she is now, all she needs is the smallest touch of the throttle. Next up remapping and then kW coil over kit.

Reactions: liamGT3.2

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
nice to see a positive outcome, but then it was never in doubt with those boys doing the work..:yes:

sorry that you found yourself in this position though and evidence that even those of us on the forum who know what to look out for can still get caught out with these cars..

may she serve you reliably and for many years to come!

love the powder coating very nice indeed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts