Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for the faint hearted, the Alfa Romeo 33 is factory spec an incredible car. In the 6 months I have owned my 33 it has changed me from someone who admired the styling into an obsessive alfa nut who prioritises repairing my 33 over food.

What if money were no object, what would the ultimate modifications, assuming body and engine unchanged, for my alfa red 33 be?

For instance for the air intake I have seen an air filter in the shape of a tube between the two carbs, what about a supper charger has that even been done before?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Basically the question is what could the theoretical maximum horsepower be for this engine and how would it be done?

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Look , supercharger has been done before and it will be done again.

If money isnt an object then you can expect over 300 bhp.

Nothing inside the engine however can be left the same. Everything has to be changed - pistons, rods , crank , cams, complete heads with bigger valves, stronger retainers etc.
Then throttle bodies, and someone with good skills to mount the supercharger on for you.
You may also have to cut and chop parts of the car, including the bonnet.

Then you have to change gearbox, drive shafts, cv joints, flywheel etc

Brake upgrades, suspension upgrades, anti roll cage.

Finally a good Motec ecu to make all these work properly !

again this is only if money is NOT an object !!!
For this kind of money you can easily buy a Ferrari to be honest :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
AH Motorsports

250bhp normally aspirated 16v boxer race engine :cool: ..................................cost? :cry::cry::cry:

and dont follow this link if you are faint hearted :lol:

Parts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
What if money were no object, what would the ultimate modifications, assuming body and engine unchanged, for my alfa red 33 be?
Basically the question is what could the theoretical maximum horsepower be for this engine and how would it be done?

Erm, which is it - engine unchanged or maximum power? :confused:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I thought he meant "engine unchanged" as in still a flat four Alfa boxer and not changed to something completely different like Subaru or V6 or V8

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If its changing the engine then put a V8 in it....Plus side they are cheap and have huge potental, downside a lot of body modification is needed but having had just a tiny taste of mine I can say its well worth it.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Engine unchanged, however i agree if i was going to do this it would be alot cheaper and easier to simply put something larger in maybe a 3.2 V6 JTS from the Brera etc.

That AH motorsport site is great by the way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts