Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks, yellow really is turning out to have been a good decision. I may have to adopt it a bit more in the future on some of my other cars maybe, even if it is a bit more time consuming to paint on since it needs more layers for a nice strong finish.

Lowering is done, however when dropping the GTA back today I didn't see it as there wasn't really much time plus that wasn't really the priority, especially since I wasn't going to be driving home in it today either. Aside from replacing worn out bits around that area another little change was done which should be interesting. I'm keen to see it when the time allows however from what I got told it sounds good, in looks and improved handling/balance. It hasn't been slammed lowered as that wouldn't really suit it anyway, Gareth told me it looks like what a special more limited sportier version would look like, so it is nicely lowered enough but still has an original factory look you can get away with.

So my next bit of info is going to be shots of how it currently is, the next and probably last notable cosmetic change might be a bit later on than planned as this job did cost quite a bit, plus there was some extra cosmetic work on my Giulietta along with what was planned that was done too at the same time.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
It is looking pretty good now with more to come next month hopefully.

Firstly, I got fed up with seeing the old faded yellow snow colour coolant tank so while the coilovers were being fitted I had Gareth order a new one to be fitted.

Coilovers are V1, along with making the car's stance look right, after having it for this week just gone it feels nice to drive, handling is really good. Mainly the overall balance is great, thanks to Gareth again he's played around with getting the camber just right and aligning everything then fine tuning and testing it until it's right.

I also had the 17 GTA wheels fitted with the the Michelins that had been lying around for a while. I might get the original 17's refurbished to preference at some point while they are off. It works well with either wheel anyway.

I also took off the Italian flag badge at the back just under the 2.0 T SPARK logo which was likely put on quite a long time ago by one of the previous owners. It was looking pretty faded and past it anyway plus I have come to prefer cars without badges like that cluttering things up and potentially not doing the paint any good. Luckily it came off pretty easily without damage, the rest of the old adhesive came off rather easily when I washed it today before taking it back to storage.

The Pininfarina badge is also looking like it has seen better days (the p fell off pretty easily last time I washed it) so next time I have the car I may try and see if I can carefully remove it without any damage.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts