Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Recently I switched from GT to Giulietta, which came with a RadioNav system. Although I am not a big fan of it, not having touchscreen and all, still it is a built-in system, so, it should be the best integrated option. Anyways, my problem is that, when the car made over 1000 kms, the navigation started asking for an unlock key. I've called Alfa Hotline, which directed me to the dealer, which directed me to NAVTEQ Maps for registering and getting the unlock key. While I was registering online, I was asked for the product key, which is supposed to be "in the upper right hand corner inside of the original packaging". Well, I didn't buy the navigation device separately, so, there is no 'original packing', and I couldn't find any sticker on the car or manuals that lists the product serial number for the device.

(Couldn't find something on the forums either)

Would someone know how to get it from the device itself? some key combinations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, did manage to get the product serial number from my dealer, as it was on the top of the SD Card packaging. However, since two days, I get the error 'A server error has occurred' from the NAVTEQ Maps site, when I try to unlock the map.

I called navteq twice, which could only help me by doing exactly what I did on the website and getting the same error! And they told me that it is a problem with FIAT's servers, so, I will have to wait and try again later. And according to what they told me, apparently, there is no number I can call to check with Alfa Romeo about this! I hope AR has enough resources to resolve a server issue...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts