Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Offside left is whistling but stops when brakes are applied. I've looked at the Alfaworkshop guide but it's for rear calipers. Not sure what you'd need to be cleaning/greasing for the front calipers.

Any guides?

G

·
0 Posts
Gazza82's Alfa 156 2-litre Twinspark look under hints and tips section and the pdf file for 156 pads and disc replacement is a good source of info (Same process for GT and 147)... use copper slip to cure the squeal.

Send a big thank you to Gazza82 on here when you are done... he did a wonderful job helping fellow alfa owners with his tutorials:thumbs:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gazza82's Alfa 156 2-litre Twinspark look under hints and tips section and the pdf file for 156 pads and disc replacement is a good source of info (Same process for GT and 147)... use copper slip to cure the squeal.

Send a big thank you to Gazza82 on here when you are done... he did a wonderful job helping fellow alfa owners with his tutorials:thumbs:
Fantastic. Thank you. :)

Funnily enough i always end up on that site from here, but forget to bookmark it! (bookmarked now)

And thanks Gazza!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the bump but got round to checking the brakes and was confused on removing the bolts to the caliper. I felt behind and all I got was a soft rubber material and no bolts. Looking at Gazz's diagram (3a) is there an opening in the rubber for the socket?:thumbs:

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes its usually taught by someone who knows what they are doing ..remember brakes STOP ya:thumbs:
I'm not changing the pads so won't need to fiddle with too much, just re-greasing the pins to stop a noise. And if ever I was unsure or had doubts on a job I've attempted I'd get someone to have a look. I've learned quite a bit of basic stuff over the years, never brakes tho.

I had similar comments when asking how to wire my motorcycle headlight with relays but I managed it in the end & it turned out well. Not the same as brakes, I know. But I like to learn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts