Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My car had a split hose pipe and I've managed to replace it...but getting an air lock out of the system is a Bi**h...is it me or is this a charastic of Italian cars....I think bleeder pipe, which runs into the top of expansion tank my have collapsed, as it goes all the way around the back of the engine and around tight bends and its old, hence if there is an air block in the system, the blocked air will have a job escaping and turning my car into a pressure cooker...

any thoughts on this folks...? :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ummm.. uplug your main top and bottom hoses, try and flush through the system with a hose?

see if that get all the may through.. that will show if anything has collapsed.

???

umm anyone else?

j

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have the heater controls on full hot? Not ahd a problem with the V6 or Twunspark :confused:

Also check the concentration of the coolant, presume its overheating?

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't using the heating....and although we've had a pretty fine summer the overheating problem has only started to happen just recently....

Sorry Wrinx...forgot to mention that it is overheating... eek!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slight confusion here :D Set the heater controls to hot to get the water circulating. Squeeze all the hoses and you should be ok.........unless there's a blockage :(

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankx for correcting me there wrinx....

I'll try this when i get home tonight....& Let you know how I get on....

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn...I've still got the blasted Air block problem...but I pretty sure I've not got a blockage in the system.....

Any Ideas..?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I changed the temp sensor, I had a little bit of air in the system. I removed the cap on the expansion tank, put the heater controls to hot and revved the engine to get the pump to spin fast and force the water through the system. Did this, and then "squashed" the top hose with my hands. I then saw the water level drop. I did this until the water level stopped dropping then refilled.
Hope this is useful.

Marlon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts