Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with my Blue & Me connection on my 159. My phone set is a Samsung SGH D-820 which is meant to be compatible with the car's system. The phone does not always connect automatically when i enter the car (as a result i have to switch the phone off and then on again to gain a connection). At times I am connected and it just disconnects by itself on an incoming call. Sometimes the systems fail to recognize each other and I get a failed message on my phone.

I suspect this is a problem of compatibility which sometimes works and sometimes prefers not to. I don't think anything is wrong with the Blue & Me or with the phone. I am seriously considering changing the phone - does anybody have a mobile which is giving a seamless service with Blue & Me. What model is it?

Any feedback would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi. My Sanyo-6600 connects perfectly everytime. The only problem is the lovely lady trapped in the dash who keeps talking to me doesn't understand my accent and it doesn't help when I shout at her. Does anyone know where the microphone is located? I'm not sure where I
should direct my voice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave for your response. You should be able to speak in the direction you are facing. Problem of the lovely lady is not that she does not hear, it's that she does not have recognition skills one would expect from her, so keep trying. It does get better when you call someone from the phone list as opposed to calling out a number. But yes, lovely though she is, she can be exasperating at times!
Good luck!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a Samsung SGHD900 and have trouble getting it connect to my blue tooth headset. Also loses the connection in mid-conversation :(. Maybe the Samsung phone is the common denominator here...

N

·
0 Posts
The only problem is the lovely lady trapped in the dash who keeps talking to me doesn't understand my accent and it doesn't help when I shout at her.
Count yourself lucky, I have to speak French to mine
and pronounce the names in the address book in a
French manner. :rolleyes:

I think the microphone is up in the courtesy-light fitting.

I've a SonyEricsson K800i with the latest upgraded firmware
but I have noticed the phone freezes from time-to-time.
(Which it didn't with the previous version. :( )

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gents, I have just posted a comment about my Blue & Me on a thread called '159 Problems.'

I am having a different type of problem that AR are in the process of repairing.

As an ex-mechanic and a sales manager, I decided that the repair time was taking too long so I decided to brush of the dust from the tool kit.

The microphone is located in the interior light cluster housing. I removed this and found the mic to be located on the left hand side. Rather useless for the countries that drive on the 'right' side of the road!

My Dremel drill was put into action and my mic now proudly sits on the right side of the light cluster.

Due to the existing problems I have with the kit, I did get a slight improvement. Instead of sounding like I am at the bottom of an oil drum, I now sound like I am in a goldfish bowl.

AR have stated that a number of 159's have left the factory with the mic wired wrongly and this causes severe interference on outgoing reception. In coming reception is not effected.

I'll let you all know when/if AR get this repaired

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Samsung SGHD900 and have trouble getting it connect to my blue tooth headset. Also loses the connection in mid-conversation :(. Maybe the Samsung phone is the common denominator here...
yes, seems very much like it....although the blue & me seems to be contributing in this mess!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts