Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I was given a 4 digit code for my radio cassette, but cant input it, none of the buttons work, i guess they have been locked from too many bad attempts, but I have no idea how to get around this problem. tried to dsconnect the aerial and power leads from the back hoping for a hard reset, but they are totally stuck in, I can't even remove the wires!!!!! yes, incase you're wondering, i am a car idiot!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think the unit needs to be turned on for a certain length of time (1 hour ?) and then it resets so you can input the number again

·
Registered
405 Posts
every time you input a wrong code you have to wait. the time incraments are 1min 2min 4min 8min 16min 30min 1hour 2hours 4hours 8hours...you get the idea.....with a maximum of 24hours wait time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so its likely i'll have to wait with it turned on for 24 hours? now then, will that totally kill the battery? remember its an alfa....

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I think the unit needs to be turned on for a certain length of time (1 hour ?) and then it resets so you can input the number again

:thumbs:Turn the key to MAR and leave for 1 hour,after that the words "code" will appear on the screen and you will be able to insert your code.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
ok, no problem, key to MAR for an hour. emmmm, what's MAR?
:p the key position before the engine starts

If you are going to leave it for any length of time obviously make sure all fans etc are turned off

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will an hour in the 2nd key position not damage something about the ignition? sorry, quoting a friend who seems to know what he's talking about, but i've forgotten the details :( will the 1st key position not be ok?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts