Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a alfa 146 2lt ti it has not been running for about 6 wks i charged the battery and went to start it but key symbol (code) is flashing can any one help please

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO. Have you got the owners book. I believe your problem is that the imobiliser isn't recognising the code in you key...you might need to use the master (brown) key to start it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yes, It sounds about the same as happened to us with our 145. Left the interior light on one night. Next morning off to the 'local' dealers 30 miles away on a truck after I'd replaced the battery myself. Took them all of five minutes to reprogramme the b****y keys and prepare thier bill. I was vexed, could have saved the whole recovery effort if they'd been prepared to tell me the procedure over the phone. If I remember right it is helpfully . Hopefully you have the master key. See other posts for more details, it's all here. Helpfully it's notcovered in the owners 'instruction book'

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
PS you must get round to driving your Alfa more often, she's feeling very neglected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts