Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving normaly and parked my alfa in front of my house, but when I tried to start it again the lights on the dashboard went out and nothing happened. I took out the key and tried again, and there was a ticking sound around the batery and the lights on the dashboard were flashing. The colour of the display turned grey instead of red. After trying a few times the light turned red again but the same thing happened when I tried to start again. I tried several times and I now have a message when I turn the key "Immobiliz. failure" and a small key with a sign "code" appears on the display! This message also appeared once when my batery died, but now the batery is pretty new now.

If anyone had this problem please advise what to do!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like a prob with a battery. I had the same thing-which would get better when the battery was recharged. But repeated a couple of time and was fixed by getting a new battery.

If the battery is ok - then it could be a faulty alternator thats not charging your battery. Basically - symptoms suggest lack of power in some form or the other. Best to fix soon though - before your new battery breaks too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will try charging the battery, but will I have any problems if I take out the battery?!

And does anyone know why am I getting the message "Immobiliz. failure" and "code"? This happened after a few unsuccessfull attempts to start the engine!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
On my 147, disconnecting the battery seems fine, apart from needing to re-set the calendar, clock etc. How old is your battery?:)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I reckon its a battery problem too :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
If you disconnect the battery then on some radios you'll need to enter the radio code so best make sure you have it handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts