Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to this site . Recently bought a 156 sportwagon 1.8 t spark car drives fine but when revving it to around 2000 revs it has the ticking noise like a noisy tappet or something . Also the engine management has just came on any information would be greatly appreciated

L

·
0 Posts
you need to get the error codes read from the ecu. typically noises around 2ooo could be related to broken exhaust brackets. any chance of a youtube clip?

D

·
0 Posts
Welcome - a recording of the noise would be good. Is it a ts/jtd/v6 ?
Given the eml has appeared then getting the codes read will hopefully also help- given your location if you want to pop by I'll plug it in for you

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome - a recording of the noise would be good. Is it a ts/jtd/v6 ?
Given the eml has appeared then getting the codes read will hopefully also help- given your location if you want to pop by I'll plug it in for you
1.8's tend to be TS, unless is a V6 running on 4.5 cylinders :cheese:

L

·
0 Posts
Hi it's a 1.8 ts car drives fine just this tappety noise
if it were my car i'd remove the top engine cover & then the HT packs & then the rocker cover. when all thats off i'd inspect the lobes of the 2 cams, they should not be rounded, should be peaked.

D

·
0 Posts
Or 3.375 if its a 3.2 :)

Sounding like a diesel is usually as said the variator - still offer stands since your eml is on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts