Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys thanks for the help regarding the handbrake which i now have fixed (had to go underneath the car, was a nightmare lol)

I now have noticed that when i change gear from 1st to 2nd fastish when driving the car seems to fling forward a little when lifting the clutch but it dosent do the same in 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to fourth.

I can get into 1st to 2nd without this happening but it means lifting the clutch so slowly.

Any ideas what is could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
what do you mean by 'fling'

manual or selespeed?

have you checked the g/box for oil level?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its a manual. What i mean by "flinging" is that when i change from 1st to 2nd i have to bring the clutch up very slowly otherwise the car "shudders" forwards like i lifted the clutch up straight away type of thing.

No i have'nt checked the gearbox fluid level, how do i check that?

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi guys thanks for the help regarding the handbrake which i now have fixed (had to go underneath the car, was a nightmare lol)

I now have noticed that when i change gear from 1st to 2nd fastish when driving the car seems to fling forward a little when lifting the clutch but it dosent do the same in 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to fourth.

I can get into 1st to 2nd without this happening but it means lifting the clutch so slowly.

Any ideas what is could be?

Thanks
Make sure you take your foot off the accelerator before releasing the clutch ;)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
could be a engine mount, i tryed to do what u said in mine and at worse all it does is spin up 2nd alittle if ur too ruff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure you take your foot off the accelerator before releasing the clutch ;)
Lol i know how to drive, its does it when my foot is not on the accelerator. It like chukkles forward in comparison to my old car i used to have which allowed me to switch from 1st to 2nd gear smoothly without the flinging forward.

Duno maybe im not used to the alfa yet, iv only had it 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
does it still do it even when you've been on a long run? i know what you mean, mine does the same, esp. first thing in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts