Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put new ink in it, and performed head alignment etc and all the test sheets print perfectly. But whenever I try and print something (text or pictures) the printing is all over the place. Tried printing from a different computer and same result.

Any ideas? Could it be the ink cartridges (original by the way), but its both the colour and black all over the place so I don't think so...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm thanks i'll take a look at that. Its just all the text / images are printing blurry, bits missing etc.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
The fact that test sheets print OK but documents don't suggests a driver problem; however, the fact that it's the same with two computers tends to discount that.

If it prints a nozzle check pattern OK, with no lines missing, it doesn't sound like a cartridge problem. Despite that, it may be worth running the print head alignment routine again, manually if necessary.

Incidentally, for future reference, you don't need to do a print head alignment when you fit new ink cartridges - it's only required if you have a printing problem or when you install a new print head.

Not really helped much, have I?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha - no worries! I'll keep trying. Re-loading drivers now.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Mine printed the alignment pages ok. With hindsight the colour pages were faint, but you can't see that, everything looked OK. Prints were rubbish. I think that the black nozzles were fine - which is mostly what is used during alignment, but some of the colours were clogged up.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes unfortunately I couldn't get it to work properly. Binned and replaced with newer model for £29! The cartridges I bought previously work fine in it. So all good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts