Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have an Alfa 156 1.9 JTD 2003

Went out to open the car this evening, unlocked the car with the key fob and the alarm sounded as soon as the door opened. Could not turn the alarm off, silenced itself after 26 secs. Car started ok, but as soon as opened the door, the alarm sounded again. The led on the dash is flashing all the time, when the door is locked or unlocked.

Tried locking and unlocking doors with the key, same thing happened.

It has been very wet and windy day today and was wondering if that could have caused the problems.

Any handy hints as what could be causing this or is it a trip to the dealer.

Cheers

Richard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very similar thing happened to me this evening

I have no idea what caused it to go off and I couldn't turn the alarm off while the siren was sounding. I could start and drive the car and it still wouldn't shut up. It went off after it went through the cycle but I'm not sure if this is normal or something to check out.

Anyone know what to do here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We ended up going to the dealer, the problem we had was caused by water ingress and corrosion. The first visit they shut of the siren and disabled the alarm, they left the immobiliser working. Then a few weeks later we learnt that the alarm we had is no longer manufactured and we had to get a new one fitted for about 400 quid.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i have a 2003 sportback 156....i do not know if i have an alarm? should there be a flashing light on the dash? are they fitted as standard, and if so, then maybe it is off? how do i turn it on?

where would the flashing light be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts