Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see on the picture that I pointed out hose with red arrow.

In the beginning, the leak occurred at the bottom of this hose. After replacing the bottom metal clamps leak stopped.
After a few days I noticed that the leaking start on the upper part of that hose.After replacing the top metal clamps leak stopped.

And now after 30-40 days it started to leak again but only on top. Clamps are original but used(take from another GT) and they do not look so perfect. But I also tried some others clamps which I could find in the store and leak does not stop at all.

Now I want to buy a new hose but not original. I found a lot of fuel hoses in the store which are sold at the desired length just to find the right volume.

My questions would be:

1.Should I try with a little longer hose?
2.Has anyone else had this problem and how he settled it?

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to stop the leak.

Can I wash/clean now exterior of the hight presure pump and the space around it using some degreaser(I have one which will not hurt metal,rubber and plastic) and then rinse with water?
Everything is soaked with diesel.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Yeah no problem using degreaser just make sure Engine is warmed up after to dry it off,just go careful with water around electrical connections when washing it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts