Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem with my rear seats in that they're not clicking back into place. No matter how hard I slam the seat back it's not clicking back into place :rant: and the little indicator stays sticking up. Anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Happened to me for a while when I first got the car. To be honest I just played about with the catch mechanism a bit and now it seems to be sorted. Can't offer any exact advice I'm afraid.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also happened to me for a while when i first got the car. It appears to have loosened a little now with slamming it into place so much.

·
0 Posts
Mine doeas it too. The 2/3 side is OK, it's just the 1/3 side that needs a damn good slam. Even when it is fully latched, the red tell tale on the catch does not fully disappear. I keep meaning to get the tools on the job, but to be honest, I don't drop the seats very often and I can live with the problem. Pretty sad state of affairs really from someone who used to be an automotive seat engineer!! Always the same, painters and decorators have houses that always need a coat of paint!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the replies. It doesn't bother me too much either but my only concern is in an accident they could fly forward and if someone's in the back (which is a rare occurence anyway) it could be dangerous.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Motty156 said:
Thanks guys for the replies. It doesn't bother me too much either but my only concern is in an accident they could fly forward and if someone's in the back (which is a rare occurence anyway) it could be dangerous.
I'd agree with that, with it being dangerous. If there's absolutely no way of gettin the seat to lock in, then take it to the dealership.

I suspect when it comes to MOT time, this would be an MOT failure!! So best get it dealt with as soon as possible.

Rab

1 - 6 of 6 Posts