Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a probitz chip on my 147 jtd 115 now got 137 bhp but when i put my foot down it smokes a lot out the back is it ok are am i going to damage the engine:cool::cool:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
They're just resistors that raise fuel pressure ain't they?

Snake oil...

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Not good, cash better spent on a remap :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
hi all i have a probitz chip on my 147 jtd 115 now got 137 bhp but when i put my foot down it smokes a lot out the back is it ok are am i going to damage the engine:cool::cool:
does it have a 1 to 10 setting? ...if so, what do you have it on

does the smoke stop when you take it off?!?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
i've been heard very good things about Angel Tuning, i had one of their maps on my GTV 2.0 Tspark and i also know a couple of people that had a map done on their 156 JTDM and GT JTDM too and both were very happy with the results there was around 40-45bhp increase on each, i know this as we also had a dyno available to us at the time too

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I would avoid angel tuning, they're a halfway house between tuning boxes and rolling road remaps, may to get it done properly on a rolling road.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got a 1 to 15 setting on my chip it is set on 10 at the mo if i take it of it does make a bit of smoke when you put your foot down but not as much as when its on so hink remaps is the way to go

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
A remap will also cause your car to smoke more. Maybe not as much as the tuning box but it will. I'd still go remap though as there are so many parameters that are also considered like how harsh the power comes and it will be tuned to protect clutches etc. - unless you tell them you don't care about that stuff and have money to burn!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts