Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I shouldn't be looking to find problems, but recently I've noticed that when starting from cold, or when flooring it, my car has started emitting that telltale diesel cloud that I didn't think Alfas with DPFs did.

You know, like when you follow an old diesel Mondeo and they accelerate off hard, there's often a cloud of smoke left behind - I never noticed that my car did this, but recently I keep looking and keep noticing it. There's no warning lights on, and I haven't noticed anything different about the performance - anybody else care to comment? 2006 2.4 by the way.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I think its fairly normal isnt it?

Mine did, more now I've had my DPF removed, but nothing excessive. I just notice the puff of smoke on starting more now.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Has it been remapped, people report more smoke esp on the 2.4 when they have had it done?
Mine emits a cloud of smoke when going into regen but once through there is nothing day to day.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, not been remapped, and not had DPF removed

It may well be normal, it may just be that I've never noticed it before and now I know about it I'm noticing it all the time - reassurance is probably what I'm after!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts