Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I picked up a 2001 Alfa Romeo 156 yesterday. Love the car, but this is bugging me. What is the little speaker type thing next to the hazard lights button? Cheers for entertaining my stupidity!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Yep, it's the cabin temperature sensor. The later models with dual zone climate control have two such sensors. See picture: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Alfa-Romeo-156-heater-control-unit-facelift-info-center-/00/s/OTYwWDEyODA=/z/8XcAAMXQj9xRlhP0/$T2eC16J,!%29kE9s4Z-4v3BRlhP0y8SQ~~60_12.JPG

Boggles my mind how the two sensors so close to each other can differentiate between the left and right sides of the cabin, but yeah...

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts
Boggles my mind how the two sensors so close to each other can differentiate between the left and right sides of the cabin, but yeah...
They can't... :biglaugh:
The second grill on the right (likewise for 147 and gt) is just a grill, with nothing behind it (same on 147 and gt). Just to make things symetrical...:irked:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hahah, oh OK. So it's as I suspected then, the "dual zone climate control" basically just blows out cold air on one side and hotter air on the other side. Probably at predetermined differentials to what the one sensor in the middle is measuring.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I assumed it was a microphone so the car could hear the owner swearing at it. Part of the random fault generator module.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts