Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just wondering what peoples opinions are of private plates, like or dislike???, I personally used not like them but my wife has just bought me one for my 30th (30 already:cry: ) going to put them on next weekend and I quite fancy the idea now:lol:

What plates do you all have?

Paul

N

·
0 Posts
Loads of old threads on this one.

They are pants unless you live in a country
that has proper vanity plates.

But hey, if you want to give the government
more of your hard earned cash to have a
particular identity number on your car....

:lol:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Private plate on my gta means I can have the small euro style numberplate on the front and I don't need the long plastic bracket/frame thing ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I once had a 145 that came with a private plate - N9 LFA. When I came to sell her, I had more enquiries for the plate only.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Yup, private plates are for old people... :p
Its funny you should write that, as all I seem to see lately are young " Chavs " with private plates down here, saw one today with a young girl driving a battered old Volvo with " Kaff 1 " ....and an old Peugot 205 with " Lisa 2 " on them !!!!.......:cheese: :cheese:

N

·
0 Posts
Private plate on my gta means I can have the small euro style numberplate on the front and I don't need the long plastic bracket/frame thing ;)
Wait until some weaving-through-the-traffic-scooter rips it out the bumper.

You'll wish you'd used that mounting plate. ;)

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
You mean "misspell" stuff, no?
Don't even go there - G45VIN for example can be accepted as "Gavin".
An extra letter/number - so what - the argument goes "It looks like Gavin" - oh yes - doesn't it just.

N

·
0 Posts
Exactly Paul. It's ludicrous. And encourages people
to falsify their numberplates.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Wait until some weaving-through-the-traffic-scooter rips it out the bumper.

You'll wish you'd used that mounting plate. ;)
It's mounted with plate/badge tape :D I would rather they ripped that off then ripped the mounting plate off and damaged the bumper :p
Thinking about it, it is curved and mounted flush to the bumper so if they manage to rip it off it will be the least of my worries! 28 years inside for murder will be the bigger concern :lol:

·
Registered
37,344 Posts
The only Private plate I have had, was on my TVR.

It said P6 TVR

If it just says a cheesy word, or someones initials then its crap, but when it so obviously relates to the vehicle then it is ok.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts