Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a new car coming (Volvo V60) and so I need to sell my 156 GTA fairly rapidly - I don't have time to do the valet, take pics of her looking shiny etc. I usually do trade ins so I don't have any experience selling cars.

So I'd like some suggestions on a value for "priced to sell" as they say.

I am the second owner of:

Nuvola Blue 156 GTA Reg. KR52YWJ

108,610 miles

Taxed and MOT.
full service history from Alfa Romeo and Autodelta.
HID xenon lights. Full Black leather. Cambelt and new alternator.

small area of corrosion in the usual spot on the wheel arch.
no upgrades.

thanks,
Miles

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, for a start it won't be taxed, as you can't transfer tax to the new owner anymore. How long is the MOT? Pics would be a MASSIVE help.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Mine is a bit higher mileage, however I purchased it for £2800 only 4 weeks ago. Mine is also an 05 with full comprehensive history.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
See what "we buy any car" offer and adjust as you see fit.

Based on the current threads you will be advised either £8k or 50p and that is before the questions start on LSD, brake size etc etc

Good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I put the ad up i will take some pics. MOT was done in August.

So £2800 would be reasonable. Thank you.

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
Are you sure its Nuvola Blue?

Where abouts in the country are you based?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
I think it was just metallic blue (brilliant blue), Cosmos blue or Gabbiano blue that were available. Would love to see one in Nuvola blue :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right guys, my previous 156 was Nuvola, and a senior moment later, and my Gabbiano 156GTA was Novola.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My guess would be ask 4k with a realistic 3.5k - unless it really is tatty. The 'sorted' ones with 1k brakes, 800 LSD and a right nice tidy are double that... I'm sure someone would bite your hand off at 3.5k...

My advice would be stick it on pistonheads, here and ebay noting all the niggles.

It has to be worth more than 3k. Any less and the angle grinder mob will be in touch IMO.

S

·
0 Posts
Price it at whatever you feel comfortable to accept and then add 10%.

Then the buyer will ask for a bit off, you'll agree. They feel happy, you feel happy.

Happy days all round.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Agree with space cadet, price is what you can afford to sell it for, prices vary a lot between 3-10k but realistically yours is looking towards to the lower end. I would say between 3-4k.

S

·
0 Posts
I reckon a 156 SW in Ford ASBO orange with a gloss-black roof and wheels would be rather fantastic.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i'm not sure why anyone would pay 8k for some of the GTA's for sale when they could buy this one for say 4k and have 4k to spend on mods and polish?

Unless they can't be bothered to mod and polish it - but isn't that half the fun!

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Part of the fun is getting the work done yourself and you can have it just like you want it. But I'm only a certain type of buyer. Many just want things perfect with no need to be taking it to the garage.

·
Registered
914 Posts
On a separate note no-one has asked the original poster what the hell hes doing downgrading to a Volvo!

My only guess is he has temporally gone mad? :mad::mad:

:D:D

·
Registered
914 Posts
I imagine it is as you say - soulless - just like many of today's modern cars. There are exceptions but all the 'new' cars i've driven recently are just horrid (a friend has got a new mondeo which he raves about?!) I imagine driving that volvo will be like driving an overpowered coffeeshop...

I'll probably last 30 years and cost buggerall to run, but I don't really get the point... Guess I must be missing something!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts