Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my last post you will see what I removed and now the bits are cluttering up the shed, no one seems to want the subframe and support brackets so I'd thought I'd see if people sell them and what they ask.
£100 plus for a pretty scabby subframe and £30 for one really shi*y support bracket :paranoid::paranoid:
Is it me or is the price of second hand parts getting ridiculous ?
Could be I'm from the generation when you traipsed through a muddy scrapyard and everything was a "tenner" mate:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
There is a lot of 916 s in scrap yards at the moment cos they are not worth repairing. I recently sold a good front subframe for £50. The situation is unlikely to change in the near future as prices are still at rock bottom.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a lot of 916 s in scrap yards at the moment cos they are not worth repairing. I recently sold a good front subframe for £50. The situation is unlikely to change in the near future as prices are still at rock bottom.
Your not wrong, I was offered a twinnie by a colleague, he'd seen my V6 at work.
I could have had it for £400, MOT'd for four months but it did need a fair bit of work, I think he scrapped it in the end .
The days of the £800 V6 are long gone though, what I paid four years ago !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts