Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just been chatting with a Q4 owner who lives in Plymouth, hes not on the forum but knows of it, may be online in the future! ;)

Anyways he has had his car de-catted and said it makes big difference to the way it goes and sounds,

Question is how much will it cost me from someone like powerflow? Or any alternative company would be welcome

It has two cats, each the same, side by side, the current powerflow system goes from the two cats in to one pipe for the rest of the system, so I will need to connect the the two branches of the powerflow and connect to the one downpipe.

Im not worried about the MOT people as I will just change it back for a day :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help :D

Jack

M

·
0 Posts
Powerflow quoted me about £100ish to do it the same time as the rest of the system. I politely declined, but they didn't have the flanges anyway.

M

·
0 Posts
AlfaJack said:
£100ish is quite a lot, rather it be about £60 odd, :rolleyes:
I'd rather it be £2.
I want a de-cat replacement pipe but obviously not enough to do anything about it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Powerflow quoted me £160..... I'm sure you can guess my response !!....
I know Magnex make de-cats for a lot of cars, having said that I also know they vary the lengths of there system pipes so they are not interchangable with other manufacturers exhaust sections, but it could be worth contacting them.....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Why not go for the Supersprint decat pipe. At least you know it will fit, and it will retain the flanges for swap-over come MOT time. :D

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didnt know they did one for mine, do you have a link? ;)
may be a prob as the rest of the exhaust isnt standard :(

cheers

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I recently removed the cat from my car, it cost nothing I just got fed up with the smell of singed fur.

Phil

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phil said:
I recently removed the cat from my car, it cost nothing I just got fed up with the smell of singed fur.

Phil
Thanks for that Phil :cheese: :eek:

the prices quoted above look a little too much for me so I may make it at home for nothing! :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Jack if you can find a cat thats knackered you could the break up the ceramic inside and if necessary tac weld in a straight through pipe to form a stealth version.......... ;) ;)

N

·
0 Posts
daiblack said:
Jack if you can find a cat thats knackered you could the break up the ceramic inside and if necessary tac weld in a straight through pipe to form a stealth version.......... ;) ;)
Daiblack, done that 1 its called the Narlofab stelth de-cat TM ;) :D
Jack, any good with a Mig welder??? make U'r own ,or if not in hurry & can get flanges I'll make U some, are they like standard cats but side by side, get same fron scrapyard....photo's measurements.....any friendly garage/fabshop with mig gear should be able 2 sort U out 4 little more than a 'drink' ;)
...........narlo..........

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ally said:
View Supersprint products on http://www.supersprint.com/homeuk.htm - good quality and nice sound on 155. :cool:
Cheers m80, they dont do the decat for mine but they do do a very nice shiney manifold!! :D

Il go to powerflow tomorrow, I remembered the downpipe turns in to 2 flexies then straight in to two cats,

so I need two flanges and 2 bits of pipe, will probably cost the earth x2 :rant:

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
narlo said:
Daiblack, done that 1 its called the Narlofab stelth de-cat TM ;) :D
Jack, any good with a Mig welder??? make U'r own ,or if not in hurry & can get flanges I'll make U some, are they like standard cats but side by side, get same fron scrapyard....photo's measurements.....any friendly garage/fabshop with mig gear should be able 2 sort U out 4 little more than a 'drink' ;)
...........narlo..........
Thanks narlo, I will see how I get on at powerflow, Iv never welded in my life! :eek: Suppose i got to start somewhere :eek:

Jack

E

·
0 Posts
Hi there Alfajack,
I have recently de-katted my 2.0 TS with a pipe from CSC, which I got from EB Spares. I am fairly sure they do one for the Q-4 or the alternative is thay do a sports kat-pipe
Your Eddie

AlfaJack said:
Hello,

Just been chatting with a Q4 owner who lives in Plymouth, hes not on the forum but knows of it, may be online in the future! ;)

Anyways he has had his car de-catted and said it makes big difference to the way it goes and sounds,

Question is how much will it cost me from someone like powerflow? Or any alternative company would be welcome

It has two cats, each the same, side by side, the current powerflow system goes from the two cats in to one pipe for the rest of the system, so I will need to connect the the two branches of the powerflow and connect to the one downpipe.

Im not worried about the MOT people as I will just change it back for a day :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help :D

Jack

S

·
0 Posts
i had a full power flow system fitted from down pipe back for £300 but theres no flange for a cat its just got a small box where the cat wasand conects at the bottem of the down pipa which is from super sprint

S

·
0 Posts
MT said:
Sub, what do you do at MOT time?
i get the car mot as normal then some how i dont know how the cars passes cough cough :eek: ;) ;) the emmisons is the only bit i get help with :tut:

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eddie Slade said:
Hi there Alfajack,
I have recently de-katted my 2.0 TS with a pipe from CSC, which I got from EB Spares. I am fairly sure they do one for the Q-4 or the alternative is thay do a sports kat-pipe
Your Eddie
Thanks Eddie, EB will get a call tomorrow then, :D ;)

I went to powerflow and they wanted to cut the flanges off my CATS and weld them to a piece of stainless pipe. I declined as it would mean that I could not put the cats back on for MOT! :mad:

Alternativly Evos in London said they could swap the down pipe for one of an intergrale as it comes down in to one exit instead of in to two flexies :rolleyes: Didnt ask for a price, wasnt in the right mind for being scarded :rolleyes: ;)

Lastly a kwikfit guy said to go to Elite in Essex, anyone used them? :confused:

:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts