Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Bought a giullietta 1.4 MA veloce last year just 2 years old,had a service at main dealer soon as I purchased it with about 13000m on the clock.
It's now coming to the end of its warranty, so asked same dealer for price of a 2nd service mainly because of a warranty issue with the driver seat belt not returning on the tensioner, so was going to ask about it at the same time as the service. However, they've come back with a price of £594. Does anyone on here think that's maybe a tad to much and it would be better going to an indie for the service, then take it to the dealers for the warranty issue, or do they tend to get the hump and avoid the work with a mountain of excuses.
Tbh I think I'd rather give my money to I.S. Than these bunch of crooks.
Cheers Les

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
EU block should mean that provided manufacturer approved parts are used you can get service anywhere.

My dealer wanted £300 for the 22000 mile service which was just £150 at my independent garage.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Begs the question why would one dealer ask nearly double what you was quoted for roughly the same mileage! Think there's going to be a swift conclusion to where the service will be done. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Begs the question why would one dealer ask nearly double what you was quoted for roughly the same mileage! Think there's going to be a swift conclusion to where the service will be done. Thanks for the reply.
Because the dealer's labour rate is three times that of the independant

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, realise that. I was referring to nicks quote from the dealer with similar mileage....

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I suppose it depends on whether you're invested in the car or not. Mine is on PCP so I guess I don't see it as mine...

If you want to maximise your resale value then I suppose dealer servicing is the way to go. Whether or not you'll get the extra £ back in a private sale or trade in is another question. If you save the £150

I understand that a dealer history has, in some cases, led to increased gestures of goodwill from some manufacturers in the cars' later life / out of warranty but that is only anecdotal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the car is mine, no outstanding loans, and though I've no plans to sell her I just can't justify the extortionate price of a dealer service of £594. My last car was a 159 with a fsh and a cam belt change and I don't think I got anywhere near a premium price when I sold it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the car is mine, no outstanding loans, and though I've no plans to sell her I just can't justify the extortionate price of a dealer service of £594. My last car was a 159 with a fsh and a cam belt change and I don't think I got anywhere near a premium price when I sold it.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Well then provided the garage is trustworthy and uses appropriate parts... It's a no brainer. Could also ask in the area forum for your part of the world for a rcommendation.

Regards

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
If you don't mind a drive up to the Lake District I can do the service for approx a third of the dealer's price, including an oil & filter change.

Autolusso Penrith

Are you on the 1 year / 9,000 mile service schedule or the 2 year / 18,000 mile service schedule?

Was the oil & filter changed at the first service or did you only get the service done, not the oil change? (Yes, they don't necessarily include oil & filter as part of the service!)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Ambulance chaser:lol:

But I'd rather be chased by your ambulance than a main dealers:thumbup:

Just kidding Les8306. Autolusso are well respected.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
If you don't mind a drive up to the Lake District I can do the service for approx a third of the dealer's price, including an oil & filter change.

Autolusso Penrith

Are you on the 1 year / 9,000 mile service schedule or the 2 year / 18,000 mile service schedule?

Was the oil & filter changed at the first service or did you only get the service done, not the oil change? (Yes, they don't necessarily include oil & filter as part of the service!)

Excellent. I might see you in 14000 miles when the belt is due a change.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are you in Peterborough by any chance? That's the same price they quoted me when I had a MiTo. No way was I prepared to pay that amount.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Bolton, the place in question was Blackburn motor park.
Pud237 I'll PM you later today, looks like you've bagged yourself a deal and I've got a chance to drive her more than a mile a week. ( wifey gets the pleasure during the week).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pud237 I'll PM you later today, looks like you've bagged yourself a deal and I've got a chance to drive her more than a mile a week. ( wifey gets the pleasure during the week).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PM waiting in your inbox Pud237....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts