Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Do you guys have any tips to prevent badge colour from fading?

Are there non fading badges on the market?:D

Have any of you ever protected a fairly new badge from fading with any kind of varnish/UV protection?

Stupid question perhaps, but a think it's a nice topic (I guess) :eek:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi again Zulu.

I'm a completly newbie... and... "Chrome version" makes sense in english, but I don't know what you mean.
"Enamel" makes no sense to me - sorry!
I wonder if you are making fun of me again...:D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Well mate, where we lived not long back, there was badge manufacturers down the road. Now if you were really keen, I'm sure they would of made a one off for a price, or indeed a batch, copyrights permitting? Nice metal and enamel ones they turned out.:):

·
Administrator
60,109 Posts
I just buy new badges and put them on, they look wonderful for many years. I changed one on the boot last year on one of my Spiders that was on for 14 years, and yes, it was faded.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I've an old Fiat type the Laurels encircling the name somewhere, that I've had for years. These plastic ones are in a totally dfferent league, like most things of today.:(:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Best I've owned were a pair of chromed leaping cats from the Mk.II's that I mounted on hard wood blocks as book ends. They disappeared along with an Ex! :(: Motifs not badges.:):

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
just ordered a front and back from ebspares.
once you get round their strange way of a website it's all good.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You could use Lamin-X to protect it.

I found that it fades badly once the lacquer comes off so if you protect the lacquer, should last longer.

Although, a small sheet of Lamin-X is around £10, almost the same as a new badge :rolleyes:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Suncream once a day :lol:
You are not far off there... When you wash, polish and Wax your car apply wax to the badge. No joke... I use Collinite Wax as it has UV protection preventing UV rays from breaking down the paint colour. That's what causes fading.

So buy a wax that offers UV protection. Also same for my red leather seats. I use Poor Boys "Leather Stuff" conditioner. Offers UV protection. Seats are many years old as you see in picture below but still look like they came out the show room.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts