Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: Pretty Japanese care

Not bad nice try, but the Datsun 240Z was the real deal.:)

They haven't done much since though, NSX and S2000 excepted.

As a very perceptive friend pointed out, how can any nation that puts School girls knickers into vending machines ever have much taste?:confused:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts

Certainly a looker in it's day g....and a star in You Only Live Twice too :)

A

·
0 Posts

It is a nice looking car for sure, just such a shame about the front end. I can see E type in the rear wing/arches but where can you see Miura, front wings?

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts

Nice one indeed. Though I did like the 240Z better. :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a nice looking car for sure, just such a shame about the front end. I can see E type in the rear wing/arches but where can you see Miura, front wings?
was thinking - loosely - around the A-pillar, and wrap around screen. As I said, 'loosely'. Yahama was involved in the design; tried to flog it to Nissan, who deemed it too complicated. Yamaha tried again with Toyota, and struck gold...pretty car!

Nissan, meanwhile, developed the 240Z and, well...you can work out the rest...Toyota sales equaled about six...Z-Car sales were off the scale!

But the Toyota is a lovely looking car.

g

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

BigFoot, I'm gonna stand my ground here; every car is - IMHO - a derivative of something else. But the Toyota is a pretty pretty pretty pretty car for sure.

(ducks and says - again - the Brera is an elegantly morphed 3dr Allegro...g'wan, check it out!)

g

·
Registered
662 Posts

that car is stunning imo, the headlights are strange but i like em and teh profile and rear is incredibly nice imo

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts

BigFoot, I'm gonna stand my ground here; every car is - IMHO - a derivative of something else. But the Toyota is a pretty pretty pretty pretty car for sure.

(ducks and says - again - the Brera is an elegantly morphed 3dr Allegro...g'wan, check it out!)

g
I see your point, but I do think this car looks way too much other contemporary cars to have been a truly unique design. Still pretty though :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ bigfoot: ok buddy, peace :)

@madz: indeed, it's a bit not quite right at the front. That said, those lights are either fog/driving or main beam. The car has pop up headlights :)

g

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
I don't like it, not to my taste I am afraid, especially those oversized lights.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think it looks very nice :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good! And now we are all friends and we will have a party and a little dance around the Toyota :)

g

·
Registered
495 Posts

... how can any nation that puts School girls knickers into vending machines ever have much taste?:confused:
:lol: :lol: :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts