Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just been looking at some reviews and best buy in the pressure washer area - defo not going another winter without. Anyone got any tips for buying and brands / power etc and generally what to look for?

Seems Karcher dominate which makes me suspicious - certainly more £s!! I'm happy to spend £200-£250.

Spotted this Hozelock best buy on AutoExpress. Quite like Hozelock stuff for garden but not sure on pressure washers?

Hozelock Heavy Duty Pressure Washer 150 | Auto Express

Also Vax been mentioned by a pal.

Any help appreciated.

Tinbridge.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Gerni which is at the bottom of their range, so it's not the most powerful, but is plenty powerful enough to do the job. I chose Gerni because you could get two nozzles for it specifically for cars. One is a right angle so you can do the underneath easily, the other is a car nozzle supposedly producing a more gentle spray than the regular one. If you want to use snow foam, the plastic bottle these washers come with doesn't work, I tried it. You need a specific foam lance that clips on to the end of the wand. I got the Autobrite one, it works really well. It comes in different fittings to suit the brand of washer you have. I also use the Autobrite MagicFoam, also seems very good, although doesn't smell that good!

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was in your position over the summer and did some research. Have a look on detailing world for more reviews / threads. I ended up getting a Nilfisk, which is doing a good job so far.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just bought a Nilfisk from Homebase (£85) and although I haven't had a chance to use it yet,have read the instructions that came with it(unusual for me!) Anyway,it says to snow foam from the bottom of car upwards & I can't work out why,any ideas?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The only reason I can think of is that if you do the bottom first, the foam will be sitting on the dirtiest part of the car for the longest time.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sounds right, if you think about it the idea of the foam is to create a barrier between the paint and dirt so it slides off, so by starting at the bottom the dirt is always travelling towards a 'foam barrier' thus reducing the chance of paint damage.

Maybe:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts