Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am Albert from Barcelona.Us present my project with a 147 GTA.

The story is a bit long .. I bought the car with the kit kompressor novitec.Pero a few kilometers broke .. rebuilt engine block, using 6 660cc green top and the new electronic wire broke again .. ecu.

Now I have a new engine and I'm hoping new pistons with 9:1 compression ratio.

I have no doubt that the electronic use, I guess the best option is a standalone (Motec, Megasquirt ..).

The pictures of the internal engine ..

ImageShack Album - 10 images

The car with 2 enginens..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Now that I have the open block, which changes do you recommend thinking power and reliability?

Rotrex C30 Kompressor will ride, green top injectors 440cc, watercooled .. and my biggest doubt is that ecu remap use? need your help ..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thank you all and excuse my bad English -

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
If u have a c30 rotrex is it a c30-84 or c30-94 series, since the Gta is a 3.2 size was is ok and probably good for a maximum of upto 400 to it's limit. Auto-delta I think use the 94 on their standard supercharged conversion, standard internals, remap of ecu and get around 320 I think, forged internals I think is a must especially if ur gonna run higher boost, I'm sure the ecu can be remapped but by someone who is reputable, someone has run standalone and kept original functions working, don't know what they used. If I were to supercharge from scratch, I would go with c38 charger, forged internals, and a ecu remap if possible. I think u need to find someone who can map ur engine properly. Main reason ur engine broke was prob not internals but remap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would go with aftermarket ecu, as you are considering forged internals. There is only two ECU's that I would consider ViPEC or Motec/DBW4. Both have drive by wire(ETB) support, one has it built in the other requres external module.

If you are going lower comp why not consider the c38, as the c30 wont blow hard enough to produce any great power.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Upgrading the charger is one of the main costs, I would like a smaller c38, someone using a large c38-91 charger with high boost forged internals standalone ecu and running crazy power. :). Autodelta use the same charger on there 3.8 conversions due to high compression, but only get close to 400bhp from a 3.8 supercharged ? I think u could get close to this with the c30 at full boost.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Upgrading the charger is one of the main costs, I would like a smaller c38, someone using a large c38-91 charger with high boost forged internals standalone ecu and running crazy power. :). Autodelta use the same charger on there 3.8 conversions due to high compression, but only get close to 400bhp from a 3.8 supercharged ? I think u could get close to this with the c30 at full boost.
you will be lucky to get 10psi of boost with the c30 on the GTA and thats from someone that has already tried. Everything from pipe work, and intercooler plays a role in how much boost you produce and anything over 7psi, you will struggle to match the fuelling with standard injectors, ecu and pump at higher rpm range and even that's a risk if the internals can take it!
I have been researching this conversion for over a year now to find the best conversion and what needs to be modified for the best increase in power and reliability. [email protected] wheels is possible from the 3.2 with the c38 and 9:1 comp but alot needs to be done and changed to get that

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
He quotes modestly a 10percent transmission loss, to give just over 400 at the fly. But wheel power is what it's all about. Flywheel power is estimated for pub talk.

·
Registered
681 Posts
With the biggest c38 he can get 14+psi.
You have lower compression so you will lose bottom end power and need more boost than the c30-94 can give you to compensate for it.
If your going to keep the c30 then you need to run a 75mm pulley with max rpm of 7200.
If you want boost lower down you will need to run a smaller pulley but will need to lower the rev limiter so your not over reving the rotrex because it's internal limit is 100,000rpm which you get with a 75mm pulley at 7200rpm.

If you run that charger with the 90mm pulley your not going to gain any power, the car will be slow off the mark due to lower compression and the small boost you will get will be to high up the rev range, you will certainly not need bigger injectors let alone a stand alone ecu.

All the work you have done will be for nothing!

There already is a 9:1 comp sc GTA using a c38-81 running 13psi which has an intercooler probably double the size of what your using, which is even losing some boost due to overlap from the high lift cams that were chosen. Also on stand alone management producing 371 whp.

If I was you I would keep standard cams run the c38-91 at max boost and you will see more power than you will ever need

1 - 19 of 19 Posts