Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys this event has not been advertised very well i found out from a friend is the info

Sunday 9th May - Cheltenham and Cleeve Vale Rotary Club ClassicCar event at Prescott Hill Climb

Cheltenham and Cleeve Vale Rotary Club hosts a stunning event at historic Prescott Hill that combines non-competitive motorsport with a wonderfully diverse static classic car show.The powers that be at Prescott know their motoring history and so they are well aware that this year marks 100 years of Alfa Romeo, so should make a great show

i have rang up and am informed that prices are £15 per car and thats it! so if you have 5 in a car its still £15 but only down side is if theres only one of you its still £15 but am sure between us we can all sort out lifts in if needed. i might have space for a start :)

it starts a 10am and finishes at 4.30 so you wont need to get up to early :)

i would like to meet us first then we can all driving in to gether :thumbs:

meeting place will be
9:30am

Halfords
Kingsditch Ret. Park
tewkesbury Road
Cheltenham
GL51 9PX

so moro info about presscott hill can be found here http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/

J

·
0 Posts
I am going to try and make it but it will depend on what time I finish on Sat/Sun morn

B

·
0 Posts
I'm coming from South Gloucestershire so no point in going all the way up to Tewksbury Jnc 9 , I will come off at Jnc 11 & make my way there . Can we actually have a hill race ?

I'd like to test the LPG kit on a uphill slog as it flies up Porlock.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm coming from South Gloucestershire so no point in going all the way up to Tewksbury Jnc 9 , I will come off at Jnc 11 & make my way there . Can we actually have a hill race ?

I'd like to test the LPG kit on a uphill slog as it flies up Porlock.
not sure what your on about bud if ya coming from bristol u will get off at j11( like u said ) where you get the Tewksbury Jnc 9 bit from ?:confused: if ya getting off at 11 then you will have to come past where we are meeting up thats if ya meeting up with us before the show if not see ya there :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Guys,

Been stuck in Portugal for some extra time with the ash cloud, so not much time for forum surfing since I returned. Otherwise would have jumped on this thread much earlier.

There will be nearly 70 Alfas at Prescott this Sunday, this event has been heavily publicised in AROC mag and forum. Cars will vary from TWO Pre-War Alfas, a 6C and an 8C, all the way throught the Giuliettas of the 60's, GTV, GT's of the 70's, Spiders, Montreal, 75's, 916's, through to today.

18 Alfas will be doing Hill runs throughout the day, which will be great to watch! This option was available at a higher cost. Space for this ran out late Feb!

BUT, included in your £18 static parking is a Calvalcade run up the Hill in an all-Alfa convoy at lunchtime. Not mega quick, but still lots of fun! To do this, you MUST bring along your Policy Number for your car insurance, you will not be allowed up Prescott without it!

Because it is our Centenary Year, the organisers are being a bit more flexible than usual, and ARE allowing people to turn up on the day. You will need to use Entrance 2, and ask to be marshalled into Area Q.

There is a form to be filled in. You could possibly do this on arrival at a push, which is why I say bring your insurance policy details. However, if you want me to email you one so that you can be organised and bring it with you, mail me on [email protected] and I'll oblige. Any other questions, please ask. I will be on the forum for a bit, and again tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi John,

Just emailed all the info to you mate. Although they don't normally 'do' moderns at this particular event, because it's a special year for Alfas, ALL Alfas are welcome, no matter how new. There's quite a few moderns in the mix, you won't be alone. Come and join our display! :cool:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi John,

Just emailed all the info to you mate. Although they don't normally 'do' moderns at this particular event, because it's a special year for Alfas, ALL Alfas are welcome, no matter how new. There's quite a few moderns in the mix, you won't be alone. Come and join our display! :cool:
nice one printing off all the info as we speak :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I did fancy coming to this but its a bit to cold n wet for the old 'un, and I don't think Guests would take to kindly to me nailing their Mito Courtesy Car up the hill........:cheese:
Hope you guys have a nice day, post some piccies maybe????:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice one! :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts