Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Prepped my memory stick with my tunes ready to pick up my Giulietta in Early December, never had a Fiat group car before so I want to make sure it all works when I plug it in first time! I have the following questions:

1. bit rate. There is some debate about if B&M has a max bit rate for tunes. what is the reality? The max I have is 320kbps, both AAC and MP3. I have made sure these are all DRM free.

2. Characters. Several stories about B&M not building the library properly because it doesn't agree with characters in titles (apostrophes etc). Can anyone definitively tell me which ones I need to cut out to make sure my entire library is accessable?

3. Building the library. I understand this has to happen when the stick is plugged in first time. Does this happen every time the car is started? Even if I just leave the memory stick in?

Sorry for all the questions but hopefully it should prove helpful to other first timers! :)

G

·
1) It won't play AAC unless through the iPod adaptor.
Try a range of bitrates on a couple of test tracks on a USB key.

2) I removed +*£%&,@{}[]()¡!¿?"'
(For the brackets I removed their contents as it's usually additional artisit info or [EXPLICIT] :rolleyes:)
Basically leaving just 0-9 a-z A-Z - _ and .

3) Not sure. It is definitely flaky.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the replies! Was a bit worried about the AAC bit, I did a bit more reading and found the below. Looks like it should work on Mito so I guess Giulietta is okay too?

"And now Blue & Me on the MiTo has added compatibility with aac files, free from digital rights and even more compatible with your favourite music."

(taken from Blue & Me Map: everything you need to know)

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
192 variable bit rate works fine for me, even on solo vocal music (eg opera) which is notoriously the easiest to detect digital artefacts on. For my ears anything higher is a waste given the background noise in a car.

I've also started using a volume levelling DSP plugin when converting in order to reduce the dynamic range, also given the amount of background noise in a car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
marcus6982

i am having problems using 320kbps files it seems. Some work, and some the Blue&Me system just skips. I have edited the file names and ID3 tags and these are all fine. So iv put the problem down to the bit rate of my tracks.

would be interesting to see how you get on with it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts