Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the not so distant future I'm going to be car shopping as I fancy a GT or a GTA (depending what mood I'm in at any particular moment).

However, the passenger side had a bit of damage inflicted by moronic vandals/careless numpties. I have a key scratch along the door and also a small dent in the rear panel :(

The car is an 02 reg with 64k on the clock. Apart from this damage it is in good nick and has been well maintained. Due to the age of the car, it is not worth a huge amount so I'm not sure if it needs to be in pristine condition to sell?

If I was keeping the car I'd definitely get it fixed but as I'm not, should I spend the £200-£300 ish required to get it sorted?

My other option is to trade it in if a suitable replacement comes up in a garage. It would give the garage an excuse to give me peanuts for it as a trade in though.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think that kind of damage would make it difficult to get a good price on a private sale, so probably worth fixing in that situation.

As a trade in at that age you would get peanuts anyway so if trading in I wouldn't fix it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I suppose you are right. Much better chance of a decent price if it is in perfect condition, time for a visit to the bodyshop :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts