Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it happened.. the driver side handle popped off on both sides (the hinge and the retracting part at the front) on my FL Alfa 147 :(

I'm not paying £70/80 for a new handle so I was looking around at anyone breaking a 147 on eBay.

Found one near me which has a handle available for the Pre FL - so my question is, will the pre FL exterior drivers side door handle fit my FL ? Are they both the same?

I also have the hinge at home, could I just replace the hinge and gorilla glue the retractable/front part?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
They are the same I believe. In fact I'm fairly certain the handles on the current Fiat 500s are same!
No, theyre not the same, the FL handles are different, theyre plastic, so are the Fiat 500 ones, but, AFAIK non FL handles will fit on an FL car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, theyre not the same, the FL handles are different, theyre plastic, so are the Fiat 500 ones, but, AFAIK non FL handles will fit on an FL car.
Ah, this is so confusing lol.
So you're saying that the Pre FL handle will actually fit the FL, but it's a different material? Doesn't look the same?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Ah, this is so confusing lol.
So you're saying that the Pre FL handle will actually fit the FL, but it's a different material? Doesn't look the same?
I m assuming they will fit because I dont think there were any sheet metal changes to the door. I ve had both FL and pre FL and they are deffo different, actually the pre FL ones feel nicer because theyre real metal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts