Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The yearly dreaded is due in a few weeks :( and recently I've been experiencing a knocking from the rear o/s on my gtv from cold starting only......(i.e when left all day at work, or overnight at home). As I pull away i get a few repeated knocks and then it goes away..... I try to replicate it on the daily drive but it never manifests itself again...speedbumps, bumpy road surfaces, nothing seems to bring the noise back.

I'm changing front wishbones and droplinks this weekend and afterwards would like to have a good look at the rear....does anyone know of a good method to checking for any play the rear bushes? or any suggestions on could be the mystery cold knocking?

thanks one & all

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I have the same knock when i first drive mine.Also from the o/s rear and only after the car has been standing all night.It may be the dampers primeing up.Gas shocks can sometimes be noisy at first.It went through the MOT ok.

N

·
0 Posts
It must be the week for MOT passes. My little GTV passed without any problems. :thumbs:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Muchos gratis Alfie, reassuring to hear someone else has experienced this, certainly sounds feasible as I can't hear any other knocks from the rear on the move, tyre wear also appears normal.

Still wondering if anyone knows of a good method to check for wear on the rear bushes before my MOT tester shows me though... anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts