Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoken to several QF owners who have free servicing on their cars.

Newer cars get that as standard, but I'm puzzled how cars from H1 2017 got free servicing as well? Has anyone here?

...especially when the cost of servicing is more than double what was quoted when I bought the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
No idea - I bought in feb 2017 and the free servicing booklet just arrived in the post a few weeks later

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year Winner 2015
350 Posts
I'd be interested to know this as well. I bought my QV second hand from Alfa and was registered in Feb 17. The guys in sales when I bought "Didn't know." Would be interesting to see whether the included servicing is transferable.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,219 Posts
Spoken to several QF owners who have free servicing on their cars.

Newer cars get that as standard, but I'm puzzled how cars from H1 2017 got free servicing as well? Has anyone here?

...especially when the cost of servicing is more than double what was quoted when I bought the car.

Thanks!
Mine was ordered in Oct 2016 with promise of delivery before Xmas, but actually delivered in late March 2017.

Early in 2017 AR UK said on their website that Quadrifoglios delivered in Q1 2017 were entitled to free servicing.

A couple of weeks later they changed the wording to be ordered and delivered in Q1 2017.

I believe their rationale was to compensate for the price rise that took effect about that time.

By pressuring dealer and AR UK, pointing out the 3 month delivery delay and their original post's wording with mutterings of Trades Description Act, I got them to give me 3 years free servicing. Not everyone who ordered in 2016 was so lucky.

Andy

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,219 Posts
I'd be interested to know this as well. I bought my QV second hand from Alfa and was registered in Feb 17. The guys in sales when I bought "Didn't know." Would be interesting to see whether the included servicing is transferable.
Any included servicing is transferrable, but without any documentation showing the car's entitlement I fear you will have trouble.

The MoPAR database accessible to all dealers will show if the car is covered by free servicing, but some dealers might be reluctant to tell you what's recorded there. Not that I'm saying that's in their financial interest to be economical with the truth, of course.

Andy

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
You had to order and register in Q1 2017 to get 3 years free servicing. Mine was ordered in Feb 2017 and registered end of March 2017. The voucher arrived in the post a couple of weeks later. However, when it had it's 1st service the dealer didn't need the voucher. He could see on the system that it had free servicing.
Get the service desk to check their system.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I had the same experience as Andy. They gave me the free servicing after I moaned. Worth noting that it's 3 free services as opposed to 3 years free servicing. I've used all 3 up and my car isn't 2 years old until January. The next service is super expensive too.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I had the same experience as Andy. They gave me the free servicing after I moaned. Worth noting that it's 3 free services as opposed to 3 years free servicing. I've used all 3 up and my car isn't 2 years old until January. The next service is super expensive too.
You up to the Aux belt change already? oof.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Someone on the AROC Facebook page had their 4th service done at an Alfa dealer for £995 including all parts and labour (both discounted I believe), including the aux belt change.
That was at Pentagon Doncaster. Included new plugs, air filter and brake fluid as well as oil and filter etc.
Seems good value to me.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
yeah thats a good price - AHM want best part of £1500 for that service.

I know which one I would trust more.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It was offered for the same reasons we were offered free merchandise etc. Because we took the risk in buying when everyone was saying "but it'll break down and be worth 5p in 3 years".

Look at the QF now! Setting the standard and the naysayers are looking for a piece of the pie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts