Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my ‘07 Brera in June last year … love the car and how it drives (and how it looks) … I don’t do huge mileage at the moment so it had 34K on the clock then and is now around 37K … have had no particular problems … and it had the AR 110 point inspection and an annual service when I bought it.

So, my query is this … (and I did a search through the forums without coming up with anything) ... as the car comes out of warranty next month should I be looking to book it in for a pre-‘out of warranty check’ if there is such a thing? … and if so is there anything in particular I should be looking out for?! … any thoughts / advice appreciated!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had mine checked just before the warranty expired. They didn't find any problems.

It seems like a good idea to me, you just need to find a garage happy to undertake it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Mines going to dealer tonight for check on steering noises as warranty is out in 10 days, asked them too look at a few other bits and pieces as well..... I asked my local independant to check it over when it was serviced before xmas and he said he couldnt find anything either, oh and the MOT is a good thing to get done pre end of warranty, had this done a few weeks ago too, didnt throw anything up either.

N

·
0 Posts
Steering rack.

Window control unit.

Faded bonnet & boot badges.

Fogged up (and faded reflector) front fog lights.

Black paint peeling off under bumper grill work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like you are due an MOT anyway so just get it done a couple of weeks early. The test should cover the big issues. If anything is broken or dangerously worn it will quickly show up and you can take any adverse report along to AR. No manufacturer is likely to cover things that are showing signs of wear considered 'normal' so if its just 'used' rather than broken or dangerous then the MOT should give you some confidence at a very reasonable cost.

At various times AR have replaced my driver's seat belt, front and rear badges, clutch master cylinder, alarm sensors - all other problems were just 'characteristics'

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
AS they say, just get em to MOT it (and service if due) before warranty expires - that way they also have no "excuse" to find anything wrong with your car -though most Alfa dealers seem to be pretty honest on that count. However that is not what we have found with a pair of BMW dealerships, mysteriously finding faults immediately when the car comes out of warranty etc, so better be safe than...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just for clarity - I'd go to an independent place for the MOT.

Avoid the half price specials - pay the full £54, explain the expiring warranty issue and ask for a fuller face to face report; maybe even a look underneath the car while it is up on the lift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... thanks all ... great advice (as expected!) ... and gives me an action plan before the warranty expires!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts