Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best practical joke you have done or have been on the receiving end of?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Good timing :) i put 10 laxatives into a friends tea/breakfast/lunch/dinner all in the space of two days! this was a week ago. Guy was in the toilet for almost 4 days :lol:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Done loads but the best laugh I had was when I jacked up my (kid) bosses car and placed bricks
under the chassis so the wheels were half inch off the ground....
He nearly wrecked his engine revving the nuts off it getting no-where while me and the
lads were in stitches just out of sight :lol:

He gave up trying and got a cab home...
Next day he got the AA out and his face was a picture when they told him...

I told him I'd seen some kids in the area that day and it must have been them :)

Never suspected a thing :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Giving a goldfish to a stupid apprentice to teach her to take care of things.
She only worked 3 days a week so we decided to change it for a bigger fish every week and asked her what kind of food she was feeding it to have it change colour and grow so fast...
It lasted a couple of weeks until she caught on :lol:

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Giving a goldfish to a stupid apprentice to teach her to take care of things.
She only worked 3 days a week so we decided to change it for a bigger fish every week and asked her what kind of food she was feeding it to have it change colour and grow so fast...
It lasted a couple of weeks until she caught on :lol:
Class.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
923 Posts
wow! i love this!
My old office was a hive of practical jokes - they occurred just about every week!
Everything from growing turf in peoples keyboards while they were on leave to leaving 'mont blanc' pens lying around that delivered an electric shock to anyone who picked it up.
I could go on for hours!

Recently.......
DPD delivered a parcel - an opportune moment to load a colleagues bike into the couriers van and have him drop it at the colleages house.
The same bike ended up on the roof of our building a couple of weeks back after a cherry picker was in use on a building site next door.

We also registered (then swiftly de-registered) a new male colleague on a gay dating website, and showed him our original profile we made which contained his phone number. Then, just about everyone in the company started texting him claiming to be from the website (he was new, so had no-ones numbers). People we sending him pictures of willys and everything! At times, he was even showing signs of liking the attention!! This episode culminated in a meeting being set up! I egged this guy on to go meet him, and tell him to sod off - i'd even go with him if he wanted.
We went to the meet, where we were greeted by the whole office waiting!!

Another regular trick of mine is to make pin holes in the plastic cups in the water cooler.
Inserting sandwich sized pieces of cardboard/paper into peoples sandwiches.
Clear tape over parking sensors.
Chewing gum over rear parking cameras (i embarrasingly ended up in a dealer with this fault once!)
Having the surname Palmer, and being from Norfolk, i regularly find '**** **** palmer' (al la alan partridge) written up the side of my car.
A male collegue had a tube of hand cream, I emptied and replace with mayo.
Scanning, then editing signs placed on notice boards is always fun.

I could go on all night!! Trouble maker through and through!

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
wow! i love this!
My old office was a hive of practical jokes - they occurred just about every week!
Everything from growing turf in peoples keyboards while they were on leave to leaving 'mont blanc' pens lying around that delivered an electric shock to anyone who picked it up.
I could go on for hours!

Recently.......
DPD delivered a parcel - an opportune moment to load a colleagues bike into the couriers van and have him drop it at the colleages house.
The same bike ended up on the roof of our building a couple of weeks back after a cherry picker was in use on a building site next door.

We also registered (then swiftly de-registered) a new male colleague on a gay dating website, and showed him our original profile we made which contained his phone number. Then, just about everyone in the company started texting him claiming to be from the website (he was new, so had no-ones numbers). People we sending him pictures of willys and everything! At times, he was even showing signs of liking the attention!! This episode culminated in a meeting being set up! I egged this guy on to go meet him, and tell him to sod off - i'd even go with him if he wanted.
We went to the meet, where we were greeted by the whole office waiting!!

Another regular trick of mine is to make pin holes in the plastic cups in the water cooler.
Inserting sandwich sized pieces of cardboard/paper into peoples sandwiches.
Clear tape over parking sensors.
Chewing gum over rear parking cameras (i embarrasingly ended up in a dealer with this fault once!)
Having the surname Palmer, and being from Norfolk, i regularly find '**** **** palmer' (al la alan partridge) written up the side of my car.
A male collegue had a tube of hand cream, I emptied and replace with mayo.
Scanning, then editing signs placed on notice boards is always fun.

I could go on all night!! Trouble maker through and through!
:lol::lol::lol: Love it :thumbs:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,410 Posts
I always used to watch out for people strolling backwards on the football pitch and kneel down behind them pretending to tie my laces. People falling over never gets tiring :D

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
We convinced a colleague that she could claim a higher mileage allowance for her Mini (old style), because the smaller wheels went further on each trip. She spent a good half hour researching it.

Cling film over the toilet bowl.

Another colleague had Auto Trader coming to photograph her car, so I took a big roll of paper hand towels and wrapped it up with a big bow on top. The photographer wanted to take the picture as it was.

Clear selotape on spectacle lenses causes problems temporarily.

Sign on the lift saying "Out of Order - only works in downward direction" caused the majority to walk up the stairs.

Another office had two phones next to each other. Confusion reigned when the hand sets were switched.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I remember working on a IT support desk when someone rang up and logged a call about his keyboard not working, the keys were wrong - I thought Windows regional settings etc.

it later transpired that his colleague had swaped the keys manually

·
Registered
934 Posts
I used to work in GEC where we made computer systems. I was in charge of the newly developed Unix servers, making sure they kept running whilst the software engineers developed code on them....

We used to get disk failures often, so during one of these I sent one of our "new starts" straight from University over to stores to get some new "parity bits" for the disk system. I gave him an envelope. Of course I quickly phoned my mate in stores to clue him in. Young graduate turns up in stores and asks for some new parity bits, so store man says Positive parity or negative... so he phoned me... Oh sorry I should have said negative parity ... so storeman takes away envelope seals it up .... and hands it back. Young lad comes back to the computer room and gives me envelope ... I open it carefully and "empty" it over the drive unit ... then put disks back in, (which I had repaired already) and boot up the system... it all works nicely now !

It took him about 6 months to realise ...

:)

I still laugh about this ... some 30 years later ... sad old computer nerd/geek that I am...

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
What is the best practical joke you have done or have been on the receiving end of?
I really don't like practical jokes, I don't inflict them on others so if I get to be the victim of one I really don't take it very well :eek:

Good timing :) i put 10 laxatives into a friends tea/breakfast/lunch/dinner all in the space of two days! this was a week ago. Guy was in the toilet for almost 4 days :lol:
If that was done to me not only would the person not be a friend anymore but I would go to a local dairy farm, find the slurry pit, get a nice big bucket of liquid slurry and dump it all over their head ! ;):D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
We had gone on holiday and the hotel was pretty dirty, me and my sister bought a fake turd and put it under the bed and for a few hours kept asking each other and mum & dad if they could smell something then 'dropped' something so it went under the bed and 'found' the turd. called dad in to have a look and he said its got to be chocolate or something but we mangaged to convince him it was a turd and he was disgusted. saying we were packing up and leaving etc and was just about to go and rant at reception when it got picked up and launched across the room at him and we said what it was :lol:

After a heavy night out and getting pi$$ed off with a mate for being a nob 2 of us waited for him to pass out on the floor and found a blue felt pen in a kitchen drawer and 'decorated' him :eek:. the words he had written on his face/head/body can't be written on here but we coloured his nose in, his eyelids he had willy's drawn all over his face and back etc. in the end he just looked like a smurf :lol:. when he woke up he had no idea until he saw something in the corner of his eye and went to check in the mirror, he went mental but couldn't get it off as we hadn't realised it was a fabric marker :eek:. he used everything to try and remove it. hot water, soap, face wash stuff, white spirit, paint stripper and it still didnt budge. he was really angry about it as he had to walk home and he still had a blue tinge 3 days later :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts