Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing my dick of a brother in law said when he saw my GQV was "another impractical car then".

340 miles were gobbled up non-stop today, and the bars and folding roof box were used in anger for the first time. A great combo, no whistles or other annoying noise. It even colour co-ordinates!

So, the Giulietta as a grand tourer; discuss!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Each to his own but I would never have a roof box, I can never forget going past some poor sod who didn't realise the box had come open and was spreading clothes all over the road from Dover to the Blackwall tunnell.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Each to his own but I would never have a roof box, I can never forget going past some poor sod who didn't realise the box had come open and was spreading clothes all over the road from Dover to the Blackwall tunnell.
you could put an extra strap around them, I suppose?

I would put suitcases or bags in them anyway, not individual clothes. Still, a box and roofbars are to be avoided if possible.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would the fact someone is an utter numpty with eyesight issues put YOU off having one? It's like saying, yeah, I once saw someone cut through a power cable with a pair of scissors and get electrocuted, so I've decided not to use electricity........ ;-)

Unfortunately we've not got much choice; family holiday in Scotland means space is at a premium!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts