Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the injection system -
The engine either starts first time OR won't start at all, When started the engine runs great untill it decides it's had enough and dies. The best part of all this is that the nither the Injection light or the Code light illuminate it just dies completely and if lucky will re-start if it doesn't you tow it home.
So guys any ideas whats wrong with the poxy german sh**e made by BOSCH. :mad: :mad: :mad:

G

·
Are the battery terminals and connections good. I have heard of this before where a member would be driving along and all of a sudden nothing. Checj the connections are good, perhaps take em off and clean them up. More likely to be dodgy italian electrics that german reliability. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Daiblack,

With no problem noted by the ECU the first thing that pops into my head is go-go-juice. When it's dead can you probe the terminals on the pump and see if it's getting any power? Might be as silly as a dodgy connector on the pump top or relay.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back in the driving seat again :D :D . Problem was all down to the relay that supplies power to the coils a BOSCH part :rolleyes: , although the technician at the dealers said they have had a problem with the loom that feeds the 2 relays in front of the battery (Main Relay & Secondary Relay) in that water gets into the wiring and corrodes the copper leaving you with a dead engine eek! eek! . The only cure is either cutting back the wiring until you find good wire or replacing the loom. eek! eek! eek!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.