Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the 155 booked in for a powerflow cat back system 2morrow :D ....only problem is i still cant decide what tail trim to put on any suggestions........ :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am tempted to just stick with the letterbox.....it does look good... but having the system fitted does provide a great opportunity to change it.......Did u remove any of the silencers when u had yours done.....

·
Administrator
46,142 Posts
I absolutely echo Alfajack. I have an oval, they didn't have any letterboxes when I went, but I've since seen another one with letterbox, and it looks way better.

M

·
0 Posts
Letterbox ;) That's what I got.
Get them to lose the corner box and so have only 2 boxes from cat back. Also ask them to do it to OE noise levels so it doesn't come back like a Nova. Again, they should use pipe that is the same diameter as the original exhaust.

W

·
0 Posts
I've got a large letter box...looks good, but then I liked the previous DTM twin upswept I had too :D :p

wrinx

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well had it fitted now.... :D :D .. 2 box system from the cat.same diameter pipe work....sounds nice and u can notice the difference it makes through the rev range seems to be a lot free-er reving.....I spent about 1/2 half at the garage trying to choose a tail pipe....twin dtm...letter box...twin 3 inch ...4inch oval.....Then the guy that was fitting it said that what ever i choose if i dont like it then i can always change it later on for bout 45 quid.....kinda took the preasure off and i ended up going for a 4inch circle, :tut: :tut: which i know will be seen as a bit of a controversial choice but it just seemed to fit really well and its not to in ur face like the i got a big exhaust on my 1.1 NOVA type....I just couldnt resist the chance to do something different....
:eek: :eek:
Gonna see how it goes for a couple of months and if it proves to be to the wrong choice ill change it to the letter box which did look pretty amazing.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol lol :lol: :lol:

I will post some pics soon might change ur mind on it a little....

lol then again maybe not......

M

·
0 Posts
wrinx said:
4" circle :eek: oh my :eek: ...whatever turns you on Andy :)

wrinx
Jason77 has a 3.5inch round doodah. It looks alright actually and fill the gap nicely, although not my cup of tea............

·
Registered
295 Posts
4" round sounds very nice :D (Pics please) I can't wait to change my pipe... 4" round or oval is somthing i will go for. :cool: :cool:

After all i like my mail through my door not stuffed up the rear of my car :lol: :lol:

Sorry letter lover's there is somthing about the letter i just don't like.. i have tried to convince myself but.............. It's just not happening :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
This is the only pic of Jasons zorst I have. In real life it actually looks better than the photo :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks similar but mine doesn't stick out as much....nice weather yesterday so took a new batch of photos to use on the AO garage.....will post them tommorow........ :eek:

·
Registered
564 Posts
montreal said:
It kind of leaves a big gap... would look better with two upswept DTMs :D :D ;)
I've seen a V6 with twin DTM's and I wasn't that fussed I think I prefer the Letterbox type myself or perhaps the DTM style Letterbox? ;) ;) .
The only Stainless exhaust place I can find around where I live sells Longlife Exhausts does anyone have one fitted........... ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Power flow do a upswept letter box...does look good :eek: but ive seen far to many BMW 328's(or re-badged 318's) with letterboxs recently :tut: ..........main reason for me not choosing one...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts