Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go and see a Powerflow outlet in St Albans this weekend for a quote on a cat back, possibly quad system. Has anyone had a powerflow system fitted? I know that workmanship can vary from outlet to outlet but are the systems any good compared to say those provided by MIJ in the midlands??:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
my system was made by unique exhausts in stafford, he is a powerflow outlet, i have used him for over 10 years for any exhaust needs his work is excellent and never had any problems, he did my alfa on tuesday

Jim

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my system was made by unique exhausts in stafford, he is a powerflow outlet, i have used him for over 10 years for any exhaust needs his work is excellent and never had any problems, he did my alfa on tuesday

Jim
Glad to hear; stick with what works.:thumbs: What set up did you have? (mid sport etc). However need someone a bit closer to the south; the company I am considering is called Top Gear Performance in St Albans, if anyone else has had any experience with?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had a cat back system done with 2 smaller silencers rather than the standard 4, there are some pics in my topic called 'some treats for my GTV' that i put up today

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Looking to go and see a Powerflow outlet in St Albans this weekend for a quote on a cat back, possibly quad system. Has anyone had a powerflow system fitted? I know that workmanship can vary from outlet to outlet but are the systems any good compared to say those provided by MIJ in the midlands??:confused:
hey bud
yea i got a cat back system quad and looks and sounds brilliant but then got greedy and got the front down pipes and the sports cat too lol :) but brilliant mate well worth the money bud :) i payed 400 quid for cat back syystem :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey bud
yea i got a cat back system quad and looks and sounds brilliant but then got greedy and got the front down pipes and the sports cat too lol :) but brilliant mate well worth the money bud :) i payed 400 quid for cat back syystem :)
Looking at your system I need no further convincing ( car is the same colour and spec as mine too!):thumbs: same sort of money I was looking to spend-here we go!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Looking at your system I need no further convincing ( car is the same colour and spec as mine too!):thumbs: same sort of money I was looking to spend-here we go!
honestly mate you wont regret it i dont even listen to my stereo any more hahaha.. to busy listening to the exhaust ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I had a powerflow cat back system fitted on my ickle 2.0 spider.:p It sounds yummy, took about 100 miles to bed in but when the roofs down my spider sounds brill,:cool: a deep tone but it's not loud and certainly not drowney.

It was reasonable too.:)
I also had a powerflow fitted to my 156 v6, and i felt a little more middle range power as well as a stunning tone from the exhaust.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm thinking of doing exactly the same as you. Birmingham's way too far from Essex and thats assuming there's no warranty problems. Let me/us know how it goes? How long did you have to wait for a Saturday Fitting appointment?

Gary

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
sooo shiny and pretty; I want one! what is it? ha ha does it make a difference to the sound and pick up?? bet it does, oooh your a bad influence
yes this little mod is great but what sits at the bottom of that pipe is the cda induction kit :) and the cold air feed pipe is at front my bumper god it sucks lovely thing is my exhaust is what you hear most honestly mate you would love it lol :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm thinking of doing exactly the same as you. Birmingham's way too far from Essex and thats assuming there's no warranty problems. Let me/us know how it goes? How long did you have to wait for a Saturday Fitting appointment?

Gary
Hi, just said I was going to pop in and discuss the spec, price etc and then pop back in for the fitting (its about 100 mile return trip for me). Sad thing is I have to work now and so won't be going until Thursday :(, but may be able to get it fabricated same day. I don't mind a second journey if needs be; will let you know how it goes ta, might be one of these:D Geoff

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:confused:
yes this little mod is great but what sits at the bottom of that pipe is the cda induction kit :) and the cold air feed pipe is at front my bumper god it sucks lovely thing is my exhaust is what you hear most honestly mate you would love it lol :lol:
Can't wait; how did you spec the system, i.e silencers etc.Thinking of having one small silencer in the mid section and one small one by each tail pipe. Want a nice sound but not too intrusive when cruising along. Any tips?:confused:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
:confused:

Can't wait; how did you spec the system, i.e silencers etc.Thinking of having one small silencer in the mid section and one small one by each tail pipe. Want a nice sound but not too intrusive when cruising along. Any tips?:confused:
hey bud
i reckon you should have a one box in middle and one where your quad pipes come out of thats it but ur have a nice sound and not very loud but fun when you put your foot down :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts