Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

Next month I'm booked in for Koni FSD's and Eibach springs (Q2 also) so I was wondering whether I should get Powerflex bushes fitted at the same time as the most of the suspension will be in bits anyway?
Or just fit new standard bushes where required?
Has anyone done this and if so what are the pro's and con's?
:thumbs:
Swanny

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The general reaction I've heard about powerflexing the suspension is it makes things very, very harsh.

Upside is life of them is greater than standard stuff, and it improves rigidity and therefore overall tautness. Downside is it makes the whole car rattle and shake ;)

Did a few on my ITR, including stiffer engine mounts - regretted it. Whole dash used to shake, everything rattled...but it did feel fantastic on smooth roads, so much tighter.

Wouldn't do it again...IMO.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Heard its worth doing in the rear but not the front. I replaced the rear transverse link thingies (we call them chopsticks) with heavier duty ones with PU bushes - car definitiely rode better over the rough stuff. There's also a rear trailing arm to hub bush which I bought but have not replaced yet.

·
Vendor
47,238 Posts
I was talking to Pabloss yesterday, he's Powerflexed every suspension bush in his 147 GTA and already some are failing.. Maybe its down to how they were fitted, but I doubt it as it was done at BMC before they closed down and they were quality Alfa mechanics..

·
Registered
607 Posts
hello mate do them all apart from the front lower arms all the rest are fine the front ones are coming apart ,jano at autodelta are just fitting standard ones now:thumbs:

G

·
They squeek like hell, and for this reason alone I would avoid them, but then again I am a maniac and every rattle or sound my car makes must be fixed ;)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm still undecided - dont want the ride to be harsh or any rattles but at the same time I want to get the best out of the upgrades!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.