Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a voltage conditioner to stop the ICS getting over voltage, however the wire I believe to be the main power feed, Brown with a white stripe, is always live.
Any ideas as to which other wire could be used?
The problem with the radio has gone with the conditioner fitted, however the red LED light is always glowing on the conditioner regardless of the key being on or off.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes the ICS upper part has permanent 12v. It feeds the cassette, tuner, amplifier, GPS and phone. But it's switched by a signal coming from the lower ICS part, so the power only goes to the circuits that hold the memory and settings.
The lower part of the ICS gets 12v on the black connector, pins 13 & 26.
Ground is the chassis or pin 16.

When I was working on adding Bluetooth and camera to the ICS I had that issue to power it on outside of the car.
I don't know which of these pins are permanent 12v and which come from the key contact.
I'd measure those pins in place, with car off, then with the key on.

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes the ICS upper part has permanent 12v. It feeds the cassette, tuner, amplifier, GPS and phone. But it's switched by a signal coming from the lower ICS part, so the power only goes to the circuits that hold the memory and settings.
The lower part of the ICS gets 12v on the black connector, pins 19 & 26.
Pin 13 seems to be the same as 26.
When I was working on adding Bluetooth and camera to the ICS I had that issue to power it on outside of the car.
I don't know which of these pins are permanent 12v and which come from the key contact.
I'd measure those pins in place, with car off, then with the key on.
Regards
Did you find out which pins give 12V on key contact? I am installing bluetooth/mSD module with a remote control...
Also do I connect ground from audio input to ground on the ICS case for removing noise (the one which depends on engine rev speed)?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did you find out which pins give 12V on key contact? I am installing bluetooth/mSD module with a remote control...
Also do I connect ground from audio input to ground on the ICS case for removing noise (the one which depends on engine rev speed)?
I did that, I used the permanent 12v, switched with the 5v power that comes from the lower ics part .
So, it doesn't draw any power when the ics is off.
Check it out:
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-andamp-166/1176859-bluetooth-aux-in-for-ics.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts