Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from a relative newbie. Congratulations on a great site.

First time I've posted.
I've owned my 2004 147 JTD 16v for about 9 months. Runs and behaves fine... apart from when the power windows are operated 'one touch' and they reach the end of their travel (up or down). At this point, all the instruments in the dash 'reset'. It's as if the car has been switched off and you have turned the ignition key to step I - all dash lamps illuminated etc. Sometimes the radio resets, too. They all spring back to life in about a second.
I can live with it but wondering if there is something more ominous around the corner...

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Some sort of short circuit? I saw an application note for HP's VEE (software), where that was being used to test electric windows on a production line.

I wonder if there are sensors that detect when the window is at the end of it's travel and they signal the motor to stop? And somehow that signal is resetting your system?

Some sort of short between adjacent cables?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply!
The instruments seem to 'reset' when the window motors are under stress. Sometimes, if the glass movement stutters on the (dry) weather strips, this will also trigger the 'reset'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts