Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
can i just say how good this site is .
my power steering made a noise , the info from this site said change bottle and new green oil.
so i did and hey fixed,so happy ,
many thanks:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts
had her serviced and i reported to mechanic i could hear a grinding noise coming from the engine, air-con was recharged beforehand so that noise had gone but this one has not. he topped up the fluid and noise gone and steering is better. before i could feel juddering as i turned the steering wheel while she was stationary, now that's gone too. :thumbs:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a groaning noise from power steering at both extremes of the turn. Very noticable when parking etc. Is this similar to your problem?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I get a vibration when at about half turn, more so when turning left. It's been checked out and I was told there was no problem. Still not convinced though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive had my 159 for a couple of months now and its always had a groaning noise on tickover, tried changing fluid and resevoir but no change, its been in the garage today for a new pump (£750 fitted....ouch) but it has solved the problem so looking forward to enjoying my first Alfa now! this is a great site so much info available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts