Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of advice please before I start pulling my engine bay apart. Maybe its the warm weather but my V6 has started dripping power steering fluid over the garage floor. Got underneath the car to have a look and its dripping from the power steering pump but I can't actually see where other than the fact the bottom of the pump is all wet with fluid. The pump itself isn't noisey and its a very slow drip. As close as I can get without taking anything apart, the unions of the pipes look ok to me and the pipes themselves aren't corroded. Anyone had a similar problem - what gives with these pumps? Any knowledge shared welcome - have searched the forum but noone seems to have had similar.
Thanks

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Are you sure it's not oil blowing back from corroded pipes on the oil cooler, it was on mine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies, the banjo at the top looks dry but could be leaking from underneath, It is most definitely power steering fluid because its bright red and has that "odour" which is defo not engine oil. The thing is unless it is one of the 2 pipe connections I don't know if there are any other seals that go - what about the seal on the pulley? :rant:

·
Registered
926 Posts
I can’t seem to get a good seal on the pump with the banjo pipe? I have used a copper washer at both ends is that right or just the one close to the nut. Is this also installed at an angle to compensate for the hose which I also might have an issue with because the small nick in the pipe seems to be worn
Any pics grateful

1 - 8 of 8 Posts